BEWARE AURORA Towing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 12:07 AM
HRD2BME
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BEWARE AURORA Towing

Hey guys i know its been a while,

well tonight i had lots of fun with Aurora Towing, my guys got into an accident on the 407 and jane, this afternoon. A towing company told my guys that they are contracted by the OPP and had to tow my truck to their body shop. I said "no" like any smart person would. the tow truck driver took off before CAA could arrive to take the truck, he wouldn't drop the truck to have the CAA to take the truck to my shop. he arrived at my shop and gave me a bill for 1480.86 to tow my truck 46 km. we got into a shouting match, long story short, i called the cops. They arrive made him drop the truck, but the owner frank had a lawyer on stand by, who found a loop whole in the motor vehicle lien act. So if they tow you depending on the officer they have the right to get paid before you get your car back. So the officer allowed them to take my truck.

Now the owner frank has not stop texting me, about what he's going to do to me. Thats a professional business owner. First he tries to rip me off for the tow, now acting like a 2 year old texting me at 12:00 am.

The police officer told me that the tow should be between 250 to 450.

So how the hell do these guys get away with this, they are like vultures feeding on the wounded.

So guys FYI Frank Aurora Towing Svc 29 Industry St, Aurora ON,
L4G 1X6 is a crook. tow your car and then really stick it to you.

p.s.

ill post the copy of the text after i upload them.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:31 AM
75 Stingray!
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

report the truck stolen.. you didnt agree to the tow.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:45 AM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 75 Stingray!
Old 08-02-2012, 06:51 AM
HRD2BME
Racer

can i do that, even if the cops were already there?
Old 08-02-2012, 08:16 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

they are all crooks and all connected to bodyshops as they get 20% on the repair........how else can they afford $60-$70,000 tow trucks! and forget about the law, they seem to break them all, speeding, red lights etc......
Old 08-02-2012, 08:42 AM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Wow what BS, but not surprised at all.
The tow biz is one of the shadiest industries out there. I don't know how they determine their prices, its like the Wild West and they really are like Vultures.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:50 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

An ignition failure on the DVP a few weeks ago (during the afternoon rush out of the city on a Friday go figure) had me stranded with my '65 on the left shoulder.

Called CAA immediately after determining I could not fix it there on the spot. Within minutes another tow driver arrived but was not pushy. I told him CAA was en route and I was a priority. I asked if he'd do a CAA tow and he politely declined and went on his way. It's just as well since I was waiting on a flatbed and his was only a pickup with a wheel scoop.

The CAA tow operator could not have been more gracious or experienced with the tow, and on the way back to my place I inquired about highway tow practices. The prices charged ARE egregious - but he said you don't have to allow the vultures to hook up. In my case, a Toronto Police highway unit pulled behind and waited with his lights going and obstruction sign erected. He had no issue waiting the 40 minutes it took for the CAA flatbed to arrive. He sat quietly in his cruiser with AC on and catching up on paperwork. I thanked him for his assistance.

All in all mine was a very stress-free and obviously very different experience. Very sorry it wasn't for your guys HRD2BME - but really appreciate knowing of the situation happening to you and possibly to any of us!

Hang in there and keep us posted!
Old 08-02-2012, 01:02 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

You posted "guys" did more than one of your guys witness the tow clearly being refused?

If yes, then report it as stolen. Even if no, report it anyways. The driver was told not to drop it and not to take it and he drove off anyways. That's theft.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:03 PM
MSTRBLUE
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah yes...a great profession??? I feel the need to share. My daughter recently hit some one from behind. I arrived with two tow vehicles from Peel Towing on site. I looked at our car and concluded that I could drive it to the reporting centre. The other drive was great as he had liitle to no damage. When I told the tow driver I was going to drive it away, he advised against it at as he said the air bags may deploy at any time(since they didn't deploy on impact)....long story short, by the time I got infor exhanged with the other driver, the tow operator told me that he had just called to report the accident to the Police, cops came gave my daughter a careless driving ticket - 6 points!!! --- just because he was going to get the tow !!! The cop said that he would have not likely have charged her at the reporting centre, but because they were called, he had no choice.

I prescribe to the concept that what goes around comes around....vengence is a dish best served cold.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by MSTRBLUE
Ah yes...a great profession??? I feel the need to share. My daughter recently hit some one from behind. I arrived with two tow vehicles from Peel Towing on site. I looked at our car and concluded that I could drive it to the reporting centre. The other drive was great as he had liitle to no damage. When I told the tow driver I was going to drive it away, he advised against it at as he said the air bags may deploy at any time(since they didn't deploy on impact)....long story short, by the time I got infor exhanged with the other driver, the tow operator told me that he had just called to report the accident to the Police, cops came gave my daughter a careless driving ticket - 6 points!!! --- just because he was going to get the tow !!! The cop said that he would have not likely have charged her at the reporting centre, but because they were called, he had no choice.

I prescribe to the concept that what goes around comes around....vengence is a dish best served cold.

Careless is undue care and attention for others sharing the highways.

Maybe the officer didnt have a choice and it was the most appropriate charge.

Your daughter didnt get any points yet. Take it to court, and see what unfolds.

As far as the tow guys are concerned guys. Stand up and tell them no!

Wait for Police and get some kind of guidance. I personally think its common sense. We all know must of these guys are bandits so treat them that way.....
Old 08-02-2012, 01:39 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 75 Stingray!
that wouldnt work....
Old 08-02-2012, 02:45 PM
75 Stingray!
Drifting

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
that wouldnt work....
Why not? Only going by what was written.. the tow driver was told not to tow, and to drop the truck for caa to tow. They took it to the owners shop and after the owner refused to pay the ridiculous charge they took possession of it.

So if i had a tow truck i could pick up any random car, tow it to the owners house, put a lien on it and extort the owner for $1000?

Im willing to bet that if a tow truck driver tried to hook up one of your cars without your permission after a break down/accident you would have him in handcuffs.

Last edited by 75 Stingray!; 08-02-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:48 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

MSTRBLUE - Make sure you take the ticket to court and get it dismissed or reduced. Otherwise, that is a double hit on the insurance rates. Once for the accident claim and the second for the ticket. Of course, the insurance companies being allowed to penalize someone twice for the same incident is a whole other can of BS.

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
that wouldnt work....
Why not? The driver was told he does not have the authorization to take the vehicle and he did anyways. That sounds like theft to me. It's essentially the same as me grabbing a package out of your hands and walking away. HRD2BME has a strong case if there are multiple people who witnessed the driver being told to unhook the vehicle.

On another note, they can't legally tow with someone in the vehicle. at least in Ontario. So, jump in and lock the doors. If they do drive away call the cops and report them (you should have called them already).

Last edited by lionelhutz; 08-02-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:12 PM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm unclear on one critical element here...

At any point did the Aurora tow operator have consent to hook up the vehicle? If not - how did he end up doing so?

And yes... I would definitely stay in the vehicle to prevent any towing until police arrived.

Another case perhaps for a dash cam, maybe w/audio?
Old 08-02-2012, 03:57 PM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Is insurance being used? If so, let them handle the thieves.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:38 PM
HRD2BME
Racer

Originally Posted by PaulUptime
I'm unclear on one critical element here...

At any point did the Aurora tow operator have consent to hook up the vehicle? If not - how did he end up doing so?

And yes... I would definitely stay in the vehicle to prevent any towing until police arrived.

Another case perhaps for a dash cam, maybe w/audio?
Aurora told my guys that they are contracted by the OPP, and no one else can move the truck. on a other note, i have found that the police who directed the tow truck driver to hook up. told him to just move it out of the way, that payment for the hook up is the responsiblitiy of the City of Vaughan.

Now the towing company has told my Insurance that it will cost $4482.76 for them to release the truck. wow WTF.

Thank you Aurora Towing, i will call you next time i need a tow
Old 08-02-2012, 06:47 PM
OBSESHON Mark
Melting Slicks

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

This sounds like a Great story for City TV. These A-holes need to be exposed.
These guys are a legalized crime unit. Unbelievable how the can capitalize on someones poor fortune.
This is a form of Ransom. Bastards.

Get notified of new replies

To BEWARE AURORA Towing

Old 08-02-2012, 06:56 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by OBSESHON Mark
These guys are a legalized crime unit. Unbelievable how the can capitalize on someones poor fortune.
I agree. Call City TV, and any other media outlets. Talk 640 AM, 1010 AM. This seems to be the only way these bastards stop their BS.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:57 PM
HRD2BME
Racer

Originally Posted by OBSESHON Mark
does anyone have a contct at city that would listen to my story?
Old 08-03-2012, 06:18 AM
TorontoMark
Racer

I'm surprised market place, w-5 or some other popular Canadian investigators haven't done a segment on tow trucks.

Shame on you Aurora Towing !!!

Quick Reply: BEWARE AURORA Towing