Canadian Events Canada, eh?

help please

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 02:13 AM
flint1234
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help please

Ok so hear is the problem that I need help with. In Jan of this year I suffered a stroke. Amongst other things I still suffer from a loss of balance, not while driving though .My AO C6 A6 now feels loose at speed (120 klm 70 mph) Tire pressure and tire tread and tire wear are all good. While I don’t like the looks of a splitter do you think this would help plant the font on the ground? I don’t like the feel of my car anymore! It might be in my heed (another side effect?)I am even thinking if I can’t fix it of selling with 94000klm (53000 miles will I see $ 32000 for her bone stock 4 lt roof nav DVD etc. Thanks
Old 06-25-2013, 05:38 AM
CDN/AZ LT4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get a second opinion. Hopefully you have a knowledgeable acquaintance that has driven C6 Corvettes before that could take your car for a drive with you as the passenger. Failing that, take it to one of our sponsors on this forum, Breslau might be close for you and have Manny take it for a spin. Hope your recovery is complete.
Old 06-25-2013, 06:34 AM
lionelhutz
Race Director

Received 845 Likes on 721 Posts

Take it to a good alignment shop and get that done, especially if you have not done an alignment on it yet. Make sure the shop sets each side front and rear identical except the front right can have a bit more caster, like around 0.5* more. Just putting each side "within spec" like some shops try is complete crap and won't work. Last alignment I had done was at Bennett in Cambridge. They had a floor level rack to drive the car onto and set it up with an alignment perfect for mostly highway running so it doesn't wear the tires on the inside edges.

There is no need for a splitter to help plant the car for normal highway driving.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:25 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by CDN/AZ LT4
I would get a second opinion. Hopefully you have a knowledgeable acquaintance that has driven C6 Corvettes before that could take your car for a drive with you as the passenger. Failing that, take it to one of our sponsors on this forum, Breslau might be close for you and have Manny take it for a spin. Hope your recovery is complete.
Manny is the closest for us.... give him a buzz and he'll hook you up, alignment rack etc all on the premises...
Old 06-25-2013, 09:26 AM
BT ZR1
2009 ZR1 SN 1166
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

my guess its because of the stroke.The vestibular system helps by monitoring changes in your head movements with respect to the pull of gravity. It includes two parts: the central system (housed in your brain) and the peripheral system (in your inner ear). These systems are connected by the vestibular nerve.

Strokes are more likely to affect the central system. Some strokes affect the brainstem, and if this occurs, the vestibular system is injured. Symptoms of a brainstem stroke can be dizziness, vertigo causing imbalance. With the somatosensory system, your body uses information it receives from the pressure of your feet on the floor, and your ankle positioning, to help balance your body.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:57 AM
1BDRSK
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't spend any money on the car. Have a friend drive the car with you as a passenger. See if you notice the same sensation from the passenger seat and then ask the driver if they notice it. If they do, then get an alignment done, but don't take it somewhere and spend money if you don't have to.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:59 AM
dankhts
Safety Car

Received 326 Likes on 203 Posts

no doubt what you're feeling may well be caused by your medical condition, but why not have the alignment adjusted to make it easier and more comfortable for you to drive it, so that you can enjoy it after what you've been through? It won't cost much I'm sure, and summer's here, your vette is for your enjoyment, so, ENJOY IT!
PM sent....

Last edited by dankhts; 06-25-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 PM
sami85L98
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Car must be checked by technician may be you suspension items like ball joint ...tie rod something......so dont come to conclusion without checking first.

Get notified of new replies

To help please

Quick Reply: help please