Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Stunt driving on CTV news

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 11:40 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

I'm all about promoting safety. Some guy standing on a corner holding a clipboard is NOT promoting safety.

You want to promote safety, have the cops stand on the corners, visible for everyone to see. Then we'll have lower number of accidents, texters and speeders. This works.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:45 AM
slickpete83
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

so if he goes to court and the judge dismiss the charges , who will pay for his 7 day impound fee ???

also do u think having a dash cam that also display speed would of helped him
Old 10-16-2013, 12:45 AM
briankeery
Melting Slicks

Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Are you suggesting a cop on every corner? Common sense and good driving practices need to be the accepted norm when you get behind the wheel. I try to be a realist and know that people will speed, drink and drive, talk or text and drive, etc. I commute 180km each way to work four nights a week and see all kinds of moronic behaviour....a lot of which is in plain sight of law enforcement. There is a time and place for letting our cars stretch their legs....not so sure city streets in the middle of the day qualifies. You guys need to get over the speed factor as the stunt charge....as Greg clearly showed the charge can be laid without speeding.

Last edited by briankeery; 10-16-2013 at 03:08 AM.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:36 AM
squalo3
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
I'm all about promoting safety. Some guy standing on a corner holding a clipboard is NOT promoting safety.

You want to promote safety, have the cops stand on the corners, visible for everyone to see. Then we'll have lower number of accidents, texters and speeders. This works.

I think the word we're looking for here is "proactive" not "entrapment".
Has our society gotten to the point of putting plain clothes officers, with clipboards, to do traffic enforcement?
We should be embarrased to even resort to such tactics.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:45 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by squalo3

Has our society gotten to the point of putting plain clothes officers, with clipboards, to do traffic enforcement?
Absolutley it is about entrapment. if the guy had just kept on motoring, and played "I didn t hear you, was playing tunes" the cop would be still running after him, if they ever caught him.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by squalo3

Yeah I wasn't being literal, a cop on every corner. But if the cops spent much less time being an invisible force, hiding in cars that look like cabs, or in unmarked mini-vans and suv's, hiding behind bushes and trees and whatnot, and more time being a visible force, there would be less speeders or texters on the road.

We could also do better driver training. Not just driver training by those fly by night, just got into the country and got my license outfits, but real driver training. Now, if we could only get the same from pedestrians and cyclists.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:27 PM
freedomfighter69
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They should designate the 407 lanes to hi way cruisers once a week.,that would solve everything ,, 3 hours a week,
Old 10-16-2013, 05:49 PM
TGstring
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

worst "let's make an example out of him" i've seen in a long time.

they didn't mention or show any laser/radar accompanied by the clipboard cop at all, but we don't know if there's a lot more to it.

that cop is known for being somewhat of a in York Region anyway.

I don't like it when people yell when dealing with strangers.

Very odd nonetheless.

I've read some really good comments here and wish we had a "Thanks" or "Like" button.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:02 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by TGstring
I've read some really good comments here and wish we had a "Thanks" or "Like" button.

The vBulletin board software does support the Like This Post feature, they just don't have it enabled.

Quick Reply: Stunt driving on CTV news