Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Run Flats

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2016, 12:02 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Run Flats

Tires I was looking at are not available in Canada so down to 3 choices and really not sure what to get. As I am driving out west through the US next month leaning towards run flats for peace of mind in the desert and mountains. If I go non RF will probably go Michelin.

1. Michelin Super Sport ZP
2. Firestone Firehawk Wide Oval
3- Bridgestone Potenza A/S

Reading reviews the Michelin seem to have more complaints about short tread life while Firehawks get more favorable reviews.

What do you guys think as I need to get something next week.

Paul
Old 07-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Mad*Max
Race Director

Received 1,500 Likes on 817 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Can you please let me know what the cheapest prices out the door you got for these and from what retailer (feel free to PM).

Thanks!

Originally Posted by blu_c6
Tires I was looking at are not available in Canada so down to 3 choices and really not sure what to get. As I am driving out west through the US next month leaning towards run flats for peace of mind in the desert and mountains. If I go non RF will probably go Michelin.

Reading reviews the Michelin seem to have more complaints about short tread life while Firehawks get more favorable reviews.

Paul
Old 07-15-2016, 11:05 PM
Rich Farr
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Firestones are Great

We have had 3 sets of Firestone runflats on C6's. They are quiet, long lasting with good traction. The difference between the stock Goodyear's is shocking. We traded our 2005 C6 with Firestones with 40,000 km's for a nearly new 2010. The first thing we noticed with the new car was the noise and poorer handling. Discarded the Goodyear's at 6,000 km and replaced with Firestone's. The tires were made in Japan.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:55 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich Farr
We have had 3 sets of Firestone runflats on C6's. They are quiet, long lasting with good traction. The difference between the stock Goodyear's is shocking. We traded our 2005 C6 with Firestones with 40,000 km's for a nearly new 2010. The first thing we noticed with the new car was the noise and poorer handling. Discarded the Goodyear's at 6,000 km and replaced with Firestone's. The tires were made in Japan.
I've heard similar feedback and a good price point to boot...

Last edited by VETFEVER; 07-24-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-27-2016, 08:46 AM
NoShade
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blu_c6

Paul

Can't really help with the tire discussions. I did the non-runflat PSS this spring and love them... but with the miles you are planning I see the desire for the security of the run flat.

Anyway... can I ask you a favour? Share the route with me once you are back? I'm trying to work out the courage to "head west" myself. I'd like to do the drive to Vegas and back in this car.

For the next car maybe the PCH...
Old 07-27-2016, 07:51 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Originally Posted by NoShade
Can't really help with the tire discussions. I did the non-runflat PSS this spring and love them... but with the miles you are planning I see the desire for the security of the run flat.

Anyway... can I ask you a favour? Share the route with me once you are back? I'm trying to work out the courage to "head west" myself. I'd like to do the drive to Vegas and back in this car.

For the next car maybe the PCH...
Had the tires installed today and they run real quiet. I will be more than happy to share it with you. I will be putting up some posts and pics throughout the trip in the C6 general section. Will make contact with you in September.
Old 07-27-2016, 10:04 PM
Pompitup
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just did the swap to Pilot Super Sports from the Goodyear EMT's and such a huge difference in ride and they are very quiet. I don't know why I waited so long as I am very happy with the Michelins...
Old 07-27-2016, 11:55 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pompitup
I just did the swap to Pilot Super Sports from the Goodyear EMT's and such a huge difference in ride and they are very quiet. I don't know why I waited so long as I am very happy with the Michelins...
If i wasn't going all seasons I would have done the same.

Get notified of new replies

To Run Flats

Quick Reply: Run Flats