Woodward dream cruise

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 09:06 PM
rat123
Pro

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Woodward dream cruise

Hi
I have heard and read about the woodward dream cruise. A lot of people go and they say its a lot of fun
And what part of detroit would you stay for hotel stay. We were thinking of doing this and then go down to bowling green to see the corvette museum and Go to GM plant and make a week of it.
I have heard alot about woodward how much fun it is. Can someone give me more info
Thanks

Last edited by rat123; 01-04-2017 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:33 PM
TGstring
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by rat123
Hi
I have heard and read about the woodward dream cruise. A lot of people go and they say its a lot of fun
And what part of detroit would you stay for hotel stay. We were thinking of doing this and then go down to bowling green to see the corvette museum and Go to GM plant and make a week of it.
I have heard alot about woodward how much fun it is. Can someone give me more info
Thanks
Hey,
you're on to something.
I'm qualified to give you some advice..I've been to every dream cruise since 2001. The first thing I'd do is peruse this website:

https://woodwarddreamcruise.com/

where you stay depends on many things... generally the further north you go from downtown detroit, the better, but what you drive there, if you need extra parking, space, special needs, will stay over a few days and want to be closer to shopping.... whatever, will determine what the best spot is to sleep over. Book your room as early as you can, trying to find a room by may/June is very risky. There are folks here who actually book blocks of rooms and offer the deals to members here. Classy dudes!

Bring comfortable shoes. I usually drive over, do a few "laps", then walk the strip. If your car isn't up to snuff, fix it before you venture out. It (the heat and traffic) WILL tax a weak battery, cooling system, A/C, you get the idea...

If you're going to go with someone other than a buddy, make sure you're/they're compatible with either it being really hot, and/or really wet, and smelling like exhaust by 9pm.

It's an extraordinary day full of LOTS to see... if you go once, you'll always go back.

You'll see everything you've ever dreamed of driving on the road, even if it was trailered in from afar.

If you have any other specific quesitons, just shoot.
Old 01-04-2017, 08:13 PM
rat123
Pro

So give some area's where i should look for a motel.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:23 PM
Pompitup
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

There will be posts in regards to going to Woodward later in the year so you if want to go you can go with the group and get a group rate on rooms. I have been going since 2005 and it's still a great weekend.

Make sure your car is in tip top shape as the cruise, boarder crossing depending on what time you go and the drive down will take a toll on a car that is not mechanically sound.

Woodward is always the third weekend in August so mark that off on your calendar.
Old 01-04-2017, 09:59 PM
rat123
Pro

Originally Posted by Pompitup
There will be posts in regards to going to Woodward later in the year so you if want to go you can go with the group and get a group rate on rooms. I have been going since 2005 and it's still a great weekend.

Make sure your car is in tip top shape as the cruise, boarder crossing depending on what time you go and the drive down will take a toll on a car that is not mechanically sound.

Woodward is always the third weekend in August so mark that off on your calendar.
we went to Carlisle last year and we had a lot of fun. Meeting new people and seeing a lot of nice cars. Wanted to do something different this year
Old 01-08-2017, 12:20 PM
rat123
Pro

Default hotel

Hi
What areas of Detroit should we be looking to book a hotel
for woodward dream cruise
thanks
Old 01-08-2017, 07:27 PM
TGstring
Drifting

Hi
What areas of Detroit should we be looking to book a hotel
for woodward dream cruise
thanks
I'm pretty sure most would agree that if you stayed somewhere near Troy, Royal Oak, Birmingham, Madison Heights you'd be ok.
Again, depending on what was important to you (trailer parking, vicinity to shopping, easy access to hwy, etc...) would determine where specifically works best for you and your needs.

Cheers
Old 01-16-2017, 06:21 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Received 161 Likes on 92 Posts

Hey guys---a little behind the ball this year===I will contact the hotels and start to set up the woodward Dream Cruise---my daughter is getting married about 2 weeks before in PEI---so we have been working on that
Old 01-16-2017, 05:31 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Have been in touch with the Marriot at Troy (where we usually stay) to set up a contract for a block of 10 rooms to start with. Parking is already set up at Woodward and 12 mile---I will let everyone know when you can book rooms----another Woodward coming up!!!
Old 01-23-2017, 05:06 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Default Woodward Dream Cruise 2017

OK the first block of 10 rooms is now set up at the Marriott Courtyard, Troy Michigan. I am working on the parking arrangements with our usual vendor north of 14 mile on Woodward--easy walking distance to the GM, Ford and Chrysler main displays. In out parking for the day $40-$60. Closer to the date I send out itineraries in PDF to cover the weekend. Anyone that has gone has been blown away by the rolling museum on Woodward. If you are a newbie---join in--- lots of veteran's to show you the ropes!!

Thank you for planning your event with us!

Here is the reservation link your guests can use to make online reservations:

http://www.marriott.com/meeting-even...&stop_mobi=yes

Book your group rate for Corvette Club Canada Room Block

You will find the information for your online reservation link below. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask. We appreciate your business and look forward to a successful event.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Corvette Club Canada Room Block
Start date: 8/18/17
End date: 8/20/17
Last day to book: 7/28/17
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate: Courtyard Detroit Troy for 126.00 USD per night

Book your group rate for Corvette Club Canada Room Block

So set rate is $126/night X 2 nights plus $50 parking for the day on Woodward---we usually do a Bar-B-Q on the Saturday night in the courtyard---I have a 10' X 10' awning tent that provides shade or heaven forbid cover from the damp. Once the ten fill up we usually apply for another 5-10 rooms depending on the response
Old 01-25-2017, 06:09 PM
RDBVETTE
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Room is booked, thanks ***** for organizing the rooms. Its always a good time with great people.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:56 PM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by RDBVETTE
Room is booked, thanks ***** for organizing the rooms. Its always a good time with great people.
Glad to have you and Bonnie on board!!! Looking forward to the trip!!
The following users liked this post:
harrin (01-27-2017)
Old 01-27-2017, 09:41 AM
harrin
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Room is booked, looking forward to my first Woodward Dream Cruise

Thanks *****
Old 01-27-2017, 10:24 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by harrin
Room is booked, looking forward to my first Woodward Dream Cruise

Thanks *****
Awesome Rick--your beast will fit right in down there!!!
The following users liked this post:
I8AVIPER (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 04:54 AM
I8AVIPER
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Thank you ***** !! I am booked

Hi *****,
Thank you Mr *****
I am booked and confirmed
Cant wait !! Had so much fun last year, I am back !!
You are the King Ambassador for the Canadian Woodward Group

Take Care
Shawn
Old 01-28-2017, 08:35 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Thanx for the complement Shawn---good to have you coming again this year---your car sure drew a lot of attention last year!! Always a good time!!
Old 01-28-2017, 02:20 PM
rat123
Pro

Hi
just wondering do the guys bring your wife also
My wife asked me to ask

Originally Posted by WildWilly55
Thanx for the complement Shawn---good to have you coming again this year---your car sure drew a lot of attention last year!! Always a good time!!

Last edited by rat123; 01-28-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Woodward dream cruise

Old 01-28-2017, 10:35 PM
TGstring
Drifting

Hi
just wondering do the guys bring the wives also

Old 01-29-2017, 09:08 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by TGstring

Absolutely!! Wives, daughters--friends all are welcome. We always have a social hour (or 2) after Friday and usually a community Bar-B-Q after Woodward on Saturday in the Courtyard of the Marriott---they have a full Bar-B-Q there and everyone throws in $15---some choose to go out for dinner which is fine also!! When you sit under the tent for 8 hours you get to know everyone in a hurry!!
Old 01-29-2017, 09:20 AM
WildWilly55
Melting Slicks

From last year

Quick Reply: Woodward dream cruise