Canadian Events Canada, eh?

F/S feeler and opinion of value please on our 50th AE

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 09:14 AM
Tom Spence
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Default F/S feeler and opinion of value please on our 50th AE

We ordered this car new from WN in early 2002. Have letter from Gord stating it was the 1st one in. Some may remember it. Have the framed window sticker and every possible piece of documentation/memrobilia, book, video, hat, shirt, watch, etc that was available. Has never been on a wet road, always covered and stored in our heated garage. Floor mats still in the trunk after PDI. along seat and floor plastic. Have a spare fuel rail cover signed by Dave McClennen and Ron Fellows. Last time out shows around 13,000 K's for service at David Chev. Looks, runs and drives like 2003. Still has 1-4 hooked up.. its 6 speed. I see a bunch for sale with prices all over place. Is the story worth anything special. Have to move it off the the lift so I can do some prep work on the the 57 and maybe another home. Appreciate any positive input. Thx
Old 05-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Will be watching the responses to this.

I am thinking you should ask $28K and start from there.

Good luck with your decision. Very nice looking car.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

The 50th Anniversary Edition is still one of the best looking vettes out there and they still carry a premium over the standard C5.

I wouldn't be surprised if your low mileage goes for mid to high 30's.

Beautiful car. GLWS.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:49 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
The 50th Anniversary Edition is still one of the best looking vettes out there and they still carry a premium over the standard C5.
They are beautiful but I'm surprised they'd fetch a premium considering they are not limited editions. In fact there were more dark red anniversary editions produced in 2003 than any other color, by a huge margin too, it accounted for 33% of production. The second most common color wasn't even close, it was black at 16%.
Old 05-11-2017, 12:54 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

I know what you mean Pat.

The exterior colour, 2 tone interior colour, the badging, magnetic ride, the wheels and all the 50th anniversary minutiae are pretty much the only difference from a standard C5.

But I've been keeping a lookout for these cause I'm still considering a purchase one day. In the U.S, these are still in the high 20's to mid 30's depending on mileage. I found one in Ohio (I think it was Ohio) about 3 months ago that was a brand new vert, still had the plastic on the seats and steering wheel and some of the body panels. Something like 30 miles and they were asking $50k U.S. for it. Ok, technically it's a new car, but still a 14 year old C5.
Old 05-11-2017, 01:00 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Received 94 Likes on 53 Posts
Toronto Events Coordinator

I know what you mean Pat.

The exterior colour, 2 tone interior colour, the badging, magnetic ride, the wheels and all the 50th anniversary minutiae are pretty much the only difference from a standard C5.

But I've been keeping a lookout for these cause I'm still considering a purchase one day. In the U.S, these are still in the high 20's to mid 30's depending on mileage. I found one in Ohio (I think it was Ohio) about 3 months ago that was a brand new vert, still had the plastic on the seats and steering wheel and some of the body panels. Something like 30 miles and they were asking $50k U.S. for it. Ok, technically it's a new car, but still a 14 year old C5.
Pull the trigger on this one. Where are you going to find another in this condition, right in your backyard?
Old 05-11-2017, 01:05 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Originally Posted by RAGGDOLL
Pull the trigger on this one. Where are you going to find another in this condition, right in your backyard?
Thought about it, but I'm buying a new SUV this summer so I won't be able to go after this one.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:02 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Thought about it, but I'm buying a new SUV this summer so I won't be able to go after this one.
Too bad, I doubt you'll find another in this condition, and so close.
Old 05-12-2017, 02:18 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Just unfortunate timing.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:02 AM
Patman
Race Director

Just unfortunate timing.
It doesn't have to be though. Why not put off the SUV purchase and get this instead? There will never be a shortage of SUVs out there (unfortunately) but the opportunity for you to buy a brand new 2003 may NEVER come up ever again. Do it.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:20 AM
dkw
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default 2003 Corvette

Originally Posted by Patman
It doesn't have to be though. Why not put off the SUV purchase and get this instead? There will never be a shortage of SUVs out there (unfortunately) but the opportunity for you to buy a brand new 2003 may NEVER come up ever again. Do it.
I like your thinking.

Or, if looking at new SUV why not look for a nice used low mile one. Lots around and probably always will be???

On the other hand everyone is speculating at the value but the OP has not said what he thinks its worth. Could be he is realistic, on the other hand ???
Old 05-12-2017, 07:40 AM
Patman
Race Director

The price is steep at 50k US, I gotta give you that, but it is in rare company too, being "brand new" For the original owner it was a seriously bad investment though, he could have easily doubled his money by now if he had invested it in the stock market, instead he's probably just breaking even after hanging onto this car for almost 15 years. Newer cars rarely make good investments.

PS-sorry to the OP but we've kind of hijacked your thread here

Last edited by Patman; 05-12-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:34 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Just unfortunate timing.
Yeah, unfortunate. Will likely never see it again...
Old 05-12-2017, 08:35 AM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

Lots of SUV's out there, they ain't going anywhere.
Old 05-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

I need a new dd. Pure and simple. My current DD won't last the year unfortunately as I've stopped putting money into it to keep it going.

And I'm buying new as I'm getting a fantastic deal that's too good to turn down.

And as I mentioned, it just comes down to bad timing. Besides, I'm in no rush to buy the AE. Plenty of them out there. Plus I'm not ready to have 2 corvettes at this time either. And I'm sure the OP will have no trouble unloading his in time.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:50 AM
Tom Spence
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Checking some comps...getting interesting!

Well this is like trying to sell one of the kids. I'm sure some of you have been there before. Only the 2nd Corvette I bought new and owned this long. From our insurance file I seen these 2 at Rogers that are long gone.
Another one this winter I seen at Corvette Mikes, 5,500 miles on for $29,500. Dealer cars, and none of them have any doc's/memorabilia that I feel should be worth something. Am I right here. So, my goal is somewhere between FMV and what a real enthusiast hopefully Cdn. is prepared to step up for. Looks like a good day to get off the lift for some pics for an interested party as expected. Thanks to all for the input and encouragement to move forward on this.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Sam Kalmuk
Burning Brakes

Received 186 Likes on 76 Posts
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020
C2 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019
2017 C2 of Year Finalist
2015 C2 of Year Finalist

Default 2003 Vette AE For Sale in Niagara

I have seen this 2003 Vette, many times....usually under the Cover... It is Not Driven, and still has many of the BarCodes on it....
A Superb Anniversary Edition Corvette in Outstanding Pristine condition with, next to No Miles...A Bargain at Any Price.....
GLWS

Get notified of new replies

To F/S feeler and opinion of value please on our 50th AE

Old 05-12-2017, 02:07 PM
RAGGDOLL
Le Mans Master

I need a new dd. Pure and simple. My current DD won't last the year unfortunately as I've stopped putting money into it to keep it going.

And I'm buying new as I'm getting a fantastic deal that's too good to turn down.

And as I mentioned, it just comes down to bad timing. Besides, I'm in no rush to buy the AE. Plenty of them out there. Plus I'm not ready to have 2 corvettes at this time either. And I'm sure the OP will have no trouble unloading his in time.
This one is the deal too good to turn down

It's ok Stan, you have 5 years to pull the trigger
Old 05-12-2017, 03:28 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

It's ok Stan, you have 5 years to pull the trigger
Old 05-12-2017, 06:11 PM
corrado
Le Mans Master

Received 218 Likes on 114 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Stan HAS a Vette already, he said he needs a new daily/winter car. Seems very logical to me. But I guess people know better what Stan needs than Stan...

To the OP, good luck with the sale, looks like a pristine car

Quick Reply: F/S feeler and opinion of value please on our 50th AE