Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Open Letter to Cruise Organizers and Drivers

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 10:56 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

[QUOTE=formula1nut;1596080890
Second; [B]I have no intent at all keeping track of participants activities[/B]. Quite the contrary. I am saying that by highlighting them in photos and videos .

I was a senior manager in a very large very public organization. Photos and videos of VERY few employees destroyed the reputation of over 10000 others not to mention the organization.

exactly what you are trying to do here.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:01 PM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FivePointFarms
I have a feeling not many members would want to cruise with you if they were aware of your hatred for the POTUS and all things American and you continuous bashing of same. You are a poor example of a Canadian. Your type are a real problem that needs to be addressed.

Why are you giving me a thumbs up you hypocrite? that's the stuff I fight for, plain and simple, justice. Yes I hate Trump, you have a problem with that then you are on the wrong thread. Come deal with me where i post you coward. Poor example of a POS.

Last edited by MRNZ06; 12-01-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:05 PM
MRNZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pgj98m3
You wanna see bad go over to PRC....this is Sunday School compared to them.
hahaha this is Sunday school compared to them. ABSOLUTELY. I love it, its great entertainment seeing these guys reach for their blood pressure pills.
Old 12-01-2017, 02:47 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Received 438 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by formula1nut
First I did not at all criticize organizers. I admire what they do. I merely suggest that they have a means to inform participants to not speed excessively and request participants to not post potentially damaging photos and videos such as a person driving while on a cell phone.

Second; I have no intent at all keeping track of participants activities. Quite the contrary. I am saying that by highlighting them in photos and videos participants draw attention to them.

I was a senior manager in a very large very public organization. Photos and videos of VERY few employees destroyed the reputation of over 10000 others not to mention the organization.

Third; why would I not raise it here.......the place where Corvette owners discuss Corvette issue. I am just asking everyone here to be diligent, smart and protect themselves from being a target like the cruise on Hwy 400 in the spring.

Finally on a personal note I wonder why you are so bothered now when I started the thread at the beginning of October? I also wonder how I can walk up to you and introduce myself when you plan on leaving as soon as you see my car!

Why the personal stuff rather than a constructive and meaningful discussion like others have done quite capably?

Let me clear a few things up for you. I just now checked the thread and found the post. I don't hang around every thread every day. Second. As soon as I saw the thread it brought me back to a conversation I had a while back of someone asking that I remove some of my posted pictures for EXACTLY the reason you are stating here. I find the two too coincidental. It is not the organizers job to police the participants which means that you should not be calling the organizer for any reason but to thank him for his hard work. I told him at the time, just as I said here... if you have a problem address it with the subject or photographer at the time you first notice it.

Let's be very clear here. As much as you are trying to make people believe this is a constructive thread that you brought up with the best of intentions, you went fishing before you came here... You spoke with the organizer of a specific ride and maybe even a few others. If you believe in any way you are being 'constructive' here, get a pen and paper and draw a line down the middle, one side that says "Supports me" and one that "Doesn't" then go through the bevy of responses and put a tick by the appropriate side. Really, I am trying to make this very easy for you here.

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-01-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:08 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by AllFlash
Let me clear a few things up for you. I just now checked the thread and found the post. I don't hang around every thread every day. Second. As soon as I saw the thread it brought me back to a conversation I had a while back of someone asking that I remove some of my posted pictures for EXACTLY the reason you are stating here. I find the two too coincidental. It is not the organizers job to police the participants which means that you should not be calling the organizer for any reason but to thank him for his hard work. I told him at the time, just as I said here... if you have a problem address it with the subject or photographer at the time you first notice it.

Let's be very clear here. As much as you are trying to make people believe this is a constructive thread that you brought up with the best of intentions, you went fishing before you came here... You spoke with the organizer of a specific ride and maybe even a few others. If you believe in any way you are being 'constructive' here, get a pen and paper and draw a line down the middle, one side that says "Supports me" and one that "Doesn't" then go through the bevy of responses and put a tick by the appropriate side. Really, I am trying to make this very easy for you here.
I at no time ever spoke to an organizer or singled out an item to be removed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would never ever do such a thing.
Your accusation is untrue and truly preposterous!!!!!!!!!!!
I merely used some items in support of my plea to be smart.

I knew in raising it that I would not be supported. That is not a reason to try and seek improvements!
Nobody supported Columbus much either when he said the world was round.

Please knock off the lies and accusations. Not appropriate for a serious discussion.

By the way if I am so wrong take a look at Stan's post and what police officers told him. Proves my point.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:21 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Did you read what Stan wrote? Let me help.

"I've received comments like this for the past 7 years that I've been organizing cruises. I've found that everyone has an opinion of why they participate, and why they don't. And I'm 100% positive that organizers that came before had to put up with the same. And truthfully, it's gotten to the point that I no longer want to hear them. It's one of the reasons why I've stopped organizing the last couple of years. And the same can probably be said for past organizers.

End of story.

Now... as for your denial of what I stated. The probability of two different people addressing THE EXACT same content with the same reason and thought in this thread as was done through an organizer when I posted pictures previouslyare pretty remote. Sorry. You stepped in it and now you get to clean it up. I have expressed my point of view.

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-01-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:39 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Did you read what Stan wrote? Let me help.

"I've received comments like this for the past 7 years that I've been organizing cruises. I've found that everyone has an opinion of why they participate, and why they don't. And I'm 100% positive that organizers that came before had to put up with the same. And truthfully, it's gotten to the point that I no longer want to hear them. It's one of the reasons why I've stopped organizing the last couple of years. And the same can probably be said for past organizers.

End of story.

Now... as for your denial of what I stated. The probability of two different people addressing THE EXACT same pictures and video from the same cruise that occurred with an organizer and this thread are pretty remote. Sorry. You stepped in it and now you get to clean it up. I have expressed my point of view.
The personal attacks are really over the top!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am as honest and sincere a person as you will ever meet. I swear on my mother's grave that I did not request photos or videos to be removed so knock it off. I at no time attacked you personally. Is this your only way to discredit me?????????????????

I guess in your desire to personalize this you missed the following from Stan's post:

" I've organized cruises where we've had drivers that work in emergency services, like the police. I'm not talking parking attendants or office staff or what not, but actual police officers. I've led a couple of cruises with them in attendance and I will pass along what they told me. It basically went like this:

"Stan. You are doing a great job of leading a well behaved cruise. But there are a couple of guys at the back of the pack that are doing things that could get us to shut down this cruise. We see this as potential of what they are doing getting more and more reckless if you don't put a stop to it. And if they continue that is exactly what we will do."

That is my point. We need to police ourselves before all of us get negative attention.

Again knock off the personal crap.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Wow guys.

I think everyone needs to step away from the keyboard before someone or everyone says something that is a. regrettable and b. will get the attention of a mod or mods that could shutdown this thread or worse, revoke some peoples passes.

I absolutely love K's speech in this scene from Men in Black. Change the words and meaning around and it could even apply to what is being said in this thread about a person and then about people (think news and social media).

formula1nut posted his opinion and perception about pictures and videos being posted in the forum and elsewhere and commented on how he feels organizers should do more to police the group. Could we do a better job of policing ourselves, and making better judgement calls on what is posted, absolutely. And at no time was he actually judging anyone here in the group, although at the time I wrote this, I may have thought otherwise. But I do still support my original comments:

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
... as organizers we do our best to make the cruise enjoyable for everyone. Just cause people put up pictures or videos of drivers doing whatever, you are not getting the whole picture, just the bad few seconds that people show. I know I have warned some drivers about putting up, what you might call, incriminating videos, but we cannot control the actions of a driver if they decide to drive recklessly, aggressively, spiritedly or any other verb you want to use. All we can do is try to warn them that their actions not only affect them, but the group as a whole and if they decide to continue, ask them to leave the group.
Let me just add that organizers cannot, nor should they be able to, dictate to anyone what they can or cannot post online. This is not 1984. At least, not yet it isn't. As I said earlier, "we could do a better job of policing ourselves, and making better judgement calls when posting online".

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
formula1nut, I am sorry that your exposure to these cruises has given you the idea that these cruises are like this all the time. They are not. You as a driver, always have the option, to leave the group if you are not enjoying it. You as a driver, also have the option to drive as you see fit. You really should come out to a cruise and experience one for yourself and not make any judgments based on pictures or videos you find posted on the forum, youtube or facebook or wherever else they are posted, otherwise, you'll never experience one.
We drive the cars we drive because we enjoy the heck out of it. It puts smiles on our faces, especially when for some, where the rest of the time, they are distracted with other things life throws at them.

formula1nut, sorry I don't know your real name, don't worry too much about what is being said online in the forums or whatnot. Just get out and drive and enjoy your car as you see fit. Cause in the end, that is all that really matters. That smile it brings to your face.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 12-01-2017 at 07:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
AllFlash (12-01-2017)
Old 12-01-2017, 07:41 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Received 242 Likes on 139 Posts

Oh boy...

I was not going to respond but wanted to clarify a couple of statements made above.

As AllFlash mentioned, if someone has an issue with a pic or video, contact the person directly (either the photographer / videographer or the person in question). Stan, myself and others have already stated what we view organizer responsibilities to be.

"I at no time ever spoke to an organizer or singled out an item to be removed"

Formula1nut, correct you did not "speak" to me, but come on, you did reach out and you did highlight the two items as repeated in this thread. Don't go down that path please. This has been a great conversation, let's keep it that way. I 100% acknowledge you did not ask for anything to be removed.

Les, I asked for my own reasons. It and others were not conversations I enjoyed. Thank you for being understanding and following up.

The OP raised a point to be taken as a reminder. Not bothered by the stuff that may be offending others.

End of the day, organizing a couple of drives a year has introduced me to many new friendships (I hope). Everyone has been overwhelmingly supportive and been great with my kids - to the point where my girls argue over whose up for the next one

I am saving this thread for future reference to clarify responsibilities of an organizer. I hope that future cruises do not result in me directing anyone here

Last edited by raztek; 12-02-2017 at 11:03 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by raztek:
AllFlash (12-01-2017), Black 03 Z06 (12-01-2017), formula1nut (12-01-2017), walleyejack (12-01-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 10:38 AM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

Lost my composure for a moment there... Just a bit out of character.

I will end where I started. We are all adults and capable of driving or not driving to our comfort level. We are capable of falling into the group or out. If any person were to get out of hand, I am confident that we would all be the first to address it. We don't need an armchair QB creating posts on an international forum that make us look bad, especially one who had every opportunity to take care of his concerns with others in person, or at very least, through a pm here.

My frustration comes from an incident where I was asked to exclude pictures that I had gained permission from the subject to post, because another thought they reflected badly on the group. I did not and still do not. I asked the organizer, who should never have had to deal with that in the first place, to have the person complaining call me or get a hold of me directly. That person never did reach out to me. It just happens to be the same media that we are speaking of here.

In my attendance at just about every run, I place a great deal of trust in the people that drive in front, and behind me. I don't like the feeling that someone in the crowd is there to record or make mention of others, everywhere but at the time and to the person involved. Threads like this will definitely see me at less events, and taking much fewer shots.

Nuff said.

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-02-2017 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-02-2017, 10:53 AM
raztek
Burning Brakes

And that's where the crunch is. I was reached out to privately. I then reached out to Les and others and tried to respect everyone's privacy. I regret that I was put in that position and that Les feels as he does in his last sentence.

This thread has motivated me to say...Niagara run in the spring, target - 50!

Who wants to help?

Last edited by raztek; 12-02-2017 at 11:21 AM.
JB08 (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 11:21 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Wow, hate to see hard feelings here guys. Having watched the organizers put these runs together I have developed a great deal of respect for them. It is not an easy task but I for one have appreciated the efforts put in by all.

Really hope that F1nut comes out to a run this coming year and I am thinking an open an honest discussion over lunch would put this behind everyone.

As I said before, as a driver it is my responsibility what I do on these cruises and it is my responsibility to act in a manner not to impact nor draw negative attention to the group as a whole. That is taken seriously.

Faraz, Niagara? What day have you got in mind Faraz, need something to look forward to.

Merry Christmas Guys.https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...s/thumbsup.gif
Old 12-02-2017, 11:29 AM
raztek
Burning Brakes

No hard feelings on my side Murray.

No idea when. If someone wants to organize it, more than happy to help. If no one is planning on it and folks want to go, I am happy to get the ball rolling.

Last year Randy and Les did a great job on the one I attended. And Stan and Bruce took care of prior ones I think.

Last edited by raztek; 12-02-2017 at 11:40 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by raztek:
MRNZ06 (12-04-2017), walleyejack (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 11:54 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Count me in as a helper Faraz.

Social media PFFT sucks when people start crap and cannot go toe to toe privately with someone, and given the chance.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:56 AM
JB08
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by raztek
And that's where the crunch is. I was reached out to privately. I then reached out to Les and others and tried to respect everyone's privacy. I regret that I was put in that position and that Les feels as he does in his last sentence.

This thread has motivated me to say...Niagara run in the spring, target - 50!

Who wants to help?
Whatever you need Faraz. Count me in.

At the end of the day, if you value something you need to put effort into it. That means dealing with conflict and standing up for it. We can't expect the organizers to bear all the burden of putting cruises on. We all need to assist by either following the expectations and directions or providing assistance. We also need to stand up to those who put them in jeopardy by behaving in unacceptable ways.

I was not a 'Vette guy' until I bought my C7. The cruises have allowed me to meet other owners and learn about their cars and the great history of this automobile. I may not make every cruise, but I would miss them and the camaraderie of other Vette owners if they went away. Personally, I see this post as a challenge for us to appreciate the organizers, the cruises and be respectful of others. Like any group situation, you can try to fit in or can decide you would rather be on your own.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:01 PM
formula1nut
Pro

Lost my composure for a moment there... Just a bit out of character.

I will end where I started. We are all adults and capable of driving or not driving to our comfort level. We are capable of falling into the group or out. If any person were to get out of hand, I am confident that we would all be the first to address it. We don't need an armchair QB creating posts on an international forum that make us look bad, especially one who had every opportunity to take care of his concerns with others in person, or at very least, through a pm here.

My frustration comes from an incident where I was asked to exclude pictures that I had gained permission from the subject to post, because another thought they reflected badly on the group. I did not and still do not. I asked the organizer, who should never have had to deal with that in the first place, to have the person complaining call me or get a hold of me directly. That person never did reach out to me. It just happens to be the same media that we are speaking of here.

In my attendance at just about every run, I place a great deal of trust in the people that drive in front, and behind me. I don't like the feeling that someone in the crowd is there to record or make mention of others, everywhere but at the time and to the person involved. Threads like this will definitely see me at less events, and taking much fewer shots.

Nuff said.
Not quite "Nuff said" You made serious allegations against me that were uncalled for and hurtful. Also proven to be false. An apology is in order then all forgiven.
Old 12-02-2017, 01:19 PM
AllFlash
Melting Slicks

?!?!?!? Rather than taking any concerns to the person that you are concerned with, or the photographer who was me, you brought it to an open forum and then had the gall to say that eventually, someone would bring this to public attention. Excuse me for calling you a tool BUT THIS IS PUBLIC ATTENTION. And then you lie about not bringing it up to an organizer first, believing he will support you and you will gain advantage?

Even after just about everybody politely tried to put you in your place, you still went on, even quoting a very good friend of mine who clearly stated that he no longer participates BECAUSE OF GUYS LIKE YOU.

What are you missing here? You really think because Faraz and Stan tried to smooth things out they sided with you and I owe you and apology?

The thread was wrong. It undercut and made our activities look bad which is laughable, at best, because I had NEVER heard anything but positive comments from anyone...until you. Trust me when I say, and everyone knows me, I would LOVE to meet up with you in person. Nicest guy in the world until guys like you haven't got the guts to address things head on so, rather, they whine to the organizer and then an open forum like this later. This is why nobody wants to organize. This is why guys like me are so hesitant to join groups. This is why people no longer want to help out. This is what breaks down clubs and has everyone always looking over their shoulder.

Faraz, Stan and others that know me too well...I am sorry. I don't believe in empowering guys like this who deserved what initial response they were getting in the heart of being inclusive and welcoming. I know everyone too well and we don't need any one person such as this taking note of our activities and then bringing them up here.

I am certain that nobody that rides with us would feel comfortable with formula1nut behind them.

Last edited by AllFlash; 12-02-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Open Letter to Cruise Organizers and Drivers

Old 12-02-2017, 01:25 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Not quite "Nuff said" You made serious allegations against me that were uncalled for and hurtful. Also proven to be false. An apology is in order then all forgiven.
At the same time, you need to address the stretch that you did not "speak" to an organizer when your PM to me a few days before was pretty much your first post in the thread.

One person's suggestion is another person's lean. For the record, I took it as a point to note. Another could easily have taken it as, he is telling me to take it down.

Last edited by raztek; 12-02-2017 at 01:34 PM.
AllFlash (12-02-2017)
Old 12-02-2017, 02:16 PM
formula1nut
Pro

?!?!?!? Rather than taking any concerns to the person that you are concerned with, or the photographer who was me, you brought it to an open forum and then had the gall to say that eventually, someone would bring this to public attention. Excuse me for calling you a tool BUT THIS IS PUBLIC ATTENTION. And then you lie about not bringing it up to an organizer first, believing he will support you and you will gain advantage?

Even after just about everybody politely tried to put you in your place, you still went on, even quoting a very good friend of mine who clearly stated that he no longer participates BECAUSE OF GUYS LIKE YOU.

What are you missing here? You really think because Faraz and Stan tried to smooth things out they sided with you and I owe you and apology?

The thread was wrong. It undercut and made our activities look bad which is laughable, at best, because I had NEVER heard anything but positive comments from anyone...until you. Trust me when I say, and everyone knows me, I would LOVE to meet up with you in person. Nicest guy in the world until guys like you haven't got the guts to address things head on so, rather, they whine to the organizer and then an open forum like this later. This is why nobody wants to organize. This is why guys like me are so hesitant to join groups. This is why people no longer want to help out. This is what breaks down clubs and has everyone always looking over their shoulder.

Faraz, Stan and others that know me too well...I am sorry. I don't believe in empowering guys like this who deserved what initial response they were getting in the heart of being inclusive and welcoming. I know everyone too well and we don't need any one person such as this taking note of our activities and then bringing them up here.

I am certain that nobody that rides with us would feel comfortable with formula1nut behind them.
Boy do you have it wrong! I want an apology because you publicly said I approached an organizer requesting your posts or parts thereof be removed. That very organizer told you the truth I had nothing to do with it.
Your accusation was totally unfounded and affront to my personal integrity, For that I want an apology.
Old 12-02-2017, 02:35 PM
raztek
Burning Brakes

Boy do you have it wrong! I want an apology because you publicly said I approached an organizer requesting your posts or parts thereof be removed. That very organizer told you the truth I had nothing to do with it.
Your accusation was totally unfounded and affront to my personal integrity, For that I want an apology.
Really, this is getting to be high school...

Formula1nut, the fact is you did approach an organizer, or am I lying? Another person as I stated could have easily interpreted your PM as an instruction to take things down guised as constrctive criticism. Just because I didn't interpret it that way doesn't mean others wouldn't have. The response in this thread itself demonstrates that some feel you were compelling a removal.

Shades of grey and your response is now influencing my interpretation of your original intent.

Where is your apology to everyone here saying you didn't approach me when you in fact you did?

Last edited by raztek; 12-02-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Quick Reply: Open Letter to Cruise Organizers and Drivers