Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Ribbed rubber flooring

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:56 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Default Ribbed rubber flooring

am looking for ribbed(preferably) rubber flooring for my garage.
most any size garage is 20 x 24. don t need to do the whole thing.
10x20 or something, whatever one has, or a place to buy some cheap.

tia Al
Old 02-26-2018, 11:47 AM
i3kc
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Try Costco.ca

https://www.costco.ca/G-Floor-Levant...100400340.html

https://www.costco.ca/G-Floor-Diamon...100400363.html

If you can wait, the will go on sale.

Last edited by i3kc; 02-26-2018 at 11:49 AM.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:33 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by i3kc
Yes, i saw that, exactly what i am looking for. not sure how to get notifications when it goes on. i get them in my phone when things go on, so possibly this will show up on it to. just have to remember to check them, as usually i don t look at them and just delete. Thanks for the heads up sir.

al
Old 02-26-2018, 07:21 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

I went on Kijiji and searched for rubber flooring. Lots of hits. On the first page of the search results there are a couple of guys who are selling it for approx $50 for 30 sq feet. One guy had pallets full of the stuff in his pictures on the ad.

I bet you could negotiate a way better price for a large quantity for a garage.

You are welcome...
Old 02-26-2018, 07:24 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by VETFEVER
I went on Kijiji and searched for rubber flooring. Lots of hits. On the first page of the search results there are a couple of guys who are selling it for approx $50 for 30 sq feet. One guy had pallets full of the stuff in his pictures on the ad.

I bet you could negotiate a way better price for a large quantity for a garage.

You are welcome...
Thanks Jack
But i never saw any.
Will try again.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:25 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by walleyejack
Thanks Jack
But i never saw any.
Will try again.
Search "Rubber flooring" One of the guys had 2000 sq ft.

Last edited by VETFEVER; 02-26-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:08 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Search "Rubber flooring" One of the guys had 2000 sq ft.
i see the rubber flooring there, not really what i want to do, have to piece them together biggest i saw was 4 x 6. am thinking more along the lines of 8ft wide and whatever lengths. pieces will be shifting and separating.

thanks anyways Jack
Old 02-26-2018, 11:41 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Home Depot carries the ribbed g-floor mats.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.r...001033784.html

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 02-26-2018 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:31 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Zeeman28a
Home Depot carries the ribbed g-floor mats.

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.r...001033784.html
Thanks stan, was in home depot here and they never heard of it. Will have to look at other local stores.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:06 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

Received 422 Likes on 257 Posts

Tenaquip.com
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 09:14 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks stan, was in home depot here and they never heard of it. Will have to look at other local stores.
With some companies a product that is available on-line may not be available in each and every store.
Old 03-01-2018, 09:34 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

With some companies a product that is available on-line may not be available in each and every store.
Old 03-01-2018, 11:24 AM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

sorry - posted wrong supplier.........here you go, they are a bit pricey on some stuff but all matts are not the same quality:

https://catalog.uline.ca/app.php?Rel...earch=H-2347GR
Old 03-01-2018, 11:34 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
sorry - posted wrong supplier.........here you go, they are a bit pricey on some stuff but all matts are not the same quality:

https://catalog.uline.ca/app.php?Rel...earch=H-2347GR
thanks.
but not really looking for the small pieces. interested in the rolls that are 7.5 -10ft wide.
Old 03-01-2018, 06:52 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

thanks.
but not really looking for the small pieces. interested in the rolls that are 7.5 -10ft wide.
I don't think you looked at the link - middle of he page
Old 03-01-2018, 06:56 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by RedZ4me
I don't think you looked at the link - middle of he page
Good point. Thanks
I need to keep watching kijiji i think.
Old 03-02-2018, 11:35 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Good point. Thanks
I need to keep watching kijiji i think.
Curious as to why you want to do this because I have thought of doing it also, but I don't think the way we use our garage is well suited to laying down a covering of any kind. Here's why:

We have a small double garage, and during the summer 2 cars come and go. One is my wife's car, and one is my Vette.

In winter the Vette is asleep in the garage under a cover, but my wife's car continues to come and go.

So, when we have snow (like the 3 or 4 times in a row we had last month), her car comes into the garage and all the snow and slush melts over night. It makes a mess, and although there is a drain, it's not like you can hose down the floor and make it sparkling clean. Even when it dries, there is grit and salt that I sweep up as needed.

Can't imagine putting any kind of a covering in her half of the garage as it would only trap the water and looks disgusting after the first snowfall.

On my half of the garage, the floor covering would stay dry and would look OK, but I ask myself, "What's the point" The bare concrete looks fine to me.

So, if the goal is for the floor to look nicer, and you are only using the garage for storage in winter (as opposed to "coming-and-going") then I agree a nice covering is a great idea. Otherwise I don't think I'll bother.

Last edited by VETFEVER; 03-02-2018 at 11:36 AM.
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (03-02-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Ribbed rubber flooring

Old 03-02-2018, 12:45 PM
i3kc
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Curious as to why you want to do this because I have thought of doing it also, but I don't think the way we use our garage is well suited to laying down a covering of any kind. Here's why:

We have a small double garage, and during the summer 2 cars come and go. One is my wife's car, and one is my Vette.

In winter the Vette is asleep in the garage under a cover, but my wife's car continues to come and go.

So, when we have snow (like the 3 or 4 times in a row we had last month), her car comes into the garage and all the snow and slush melts over night. It makes a mess, and although there is a drain, it's not like you can hose down the floor and make it sparkling clean. Even when it dries, there is grit and salt that I sweep up as needed.

Can't imagine putting any kind of a covering in her half of the garage as it would only trap the water and looks disgusting after the first snowfall.

On my half of the garage, the floor covering would stay dry and would look OK, but I ask myself, "What's the point" The bare concrete looks fine to me.

So, if the goal is for the floor to look nicer, and you are only using the garage for storage in winter (as opposed to "coming-and-going") then I agree a nice covering is a great idea. Otherwise I don't think I'll bother.
I have floor covering in my garage. When I first moved into my house, I neglected to seal the concrete. This was a big mistake as the salt and water freeze and thaw cycle pitted the garage floor. For some reason, this did not happen at my prior home so I didn't think of it when I moved into my new one a few years back. As a remedy, I decided to get tiles to cover the floor. I went with Red White and Black to match my then Ducati and loved it until Winter of the year I installed it. Covering is subject to expansion and contraction and the tiles (especially the white ones) got stained from sand, mud, car fluids etc.

If I had to do it again, I would have fixed the floor and properly paint/sealed it in a dark colour. This would of course require additional sealing every other year. If I were to cover the floor, either get a large piece like the ones from Costco in a Dark Colour or tile the floor like they do at dealerships. Just not sure if the tiles can withstand the daily traffic from the cars.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:10 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by i3kc
I have floor covering in my garage. When I first moved into my house, I neglected to seal the concrete. This was a big mistake as the salt and water freeze and thaw cycle pitted the garage floor. For some reason, this did not happen at my prior home so I didn't think of it when I moved into my new one a few years back. As a remedy, I decided to get tiles to cover the floor. I went with Red White and Black to match my then Ducati and loved it until Winter of the year I installed it. Covering is subject to expansion and contraction and the tiles (especially the white ones) got stained from sand, mud, car fluids etc.

If I had to do it again, I would have fixed the floor and properly paint/sealed it in a dark colour. This would of course require additional sealing every other year. If I were to cover the floor, either get a large piece like the ones from Costco in a Dark Colour or tile the floor like they do at dealerships. Just not sure if the tiles can withstand the daily traffic from the cars.

i have never seen it at Costco.
Old 03-02-2018, 03:20 PM
RedZ4me
Le Mans Master

^^^^

Agree with the sealer, my new garage has 4 coats so far of commercial grade clear concrete sealer, and it will get at least 2 more coats this year after a good wash, and yes, it def'ly helps and not slippery at all - in fact, makes it non-slip. Apply on a hot day and you can do 3 coats in 2 hours, this includes full drying time. I've been watching tiles, yes looks nice but perforated and even 'non' will allow that snow/ice/salt mess to seep thru (except my vette area), so I've been avoiding them so far.

Quick Reply: Ribbed rubber flooring