Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Stolen 2008 Victory Red C6 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 03:31 PM
LuckyGuy
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 373 Likes on 205 Posts

Dave Stevenson is the best guy I have ever dealt with in the auto repair business. He didn't deserve this happening to his shop or anyone who tries to smear his reputation.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:17 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by ZROCKET6
No inside Job there buddy Stevesons is one of the most honest guy on this planet I can put my name on that , sorry for the people that lost there vehicles and sorry for Stevensons going through this ,to bad for this world how it is most of us are good and the bad and even the ugly ..
i am not saying Dave was involved in this in any way at all. There are people that know the routine and layout , am sure tow trucks coming and going. Dave is a standup guy.
People coming and going.
i hope this gets sorted out and these folks get their cars back the way they were left there.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:48 PM
07427z
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Luckily my car was occupying a hoist inside.
I'd never have an issue leaving anything there.
These things can happen anywhere, it's a shame, but that's why we have insurance.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:04 PM
Phoenix80
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update: The police raided a house in Ajax last Friday and found my car but not the Torino. Unfortunately my Z06 was in the process of being chopped up and was already missing the LS7 motor, hood and to my knowledge catalytic converters. Please keep a lookout for the stolen LS7 and report anything that looks suspicious to police. As of right now it appears the vehicle will be written off by insurance and once that is finished I can begin looking for a replacement.

https://www.durhamregion.com/news-st...earch-for-2nd/
Old 08-16-2018, 04:14 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Phoenix80
Update: The police raided a house in Ajax last Friday and found my car but not the Torino. Unfortunately my Z06 was in the process of being chopped up and was already missing the LS7 motor, hood and to my knowledge catalytic converters. Please keep a lookout for the stolen LS7 and report anything that looks suspicious to police. As of right now it appears the vehicle will be written off by insurance and once that is finished I can begin looking for a replacement.

https://www.durhamregion.com/news-st...earch-for-2nd/

omg .. that is so sad. at least you get some resolution out of this crap that it was recovered.
sorry for your bad luck
Old 08-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Phoenix80
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
omg .. that is so sad. at least you get some resolution out of this crap that it was recovered.
sorry for your bad luck
My luck seems to be worse than you think...this is the second car stolen from me with the other one happening Sept. 11, 2009.

BTW, we meet two years ago when I bought your rear cargo net which of course was in the car at the time it was stolen.

Last edited by Phoenix80; 08-16-2018 at 04:25 PM.
Old 08-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Zeeman28a
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 117 Posts

Dave must be feeling really sick about this. I feel for him as well as the owners of the cars for having to go thru this. He and his family are standup people, well respected, trusted and liked in the Corvette and non-Corvette alike Community.

And I'm sure he's already working on contingencies to prevent this from happening in the future at his shop.

Last edited by Zeeman28a; 08-16-2018 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:17 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

At least you have some form of closure and the remaining parts will go to good use.

Having a car stolen sucks. Especially for us 1% that go to great lengths to love them and take immaculate care of them.

A long while back in university I had my modded Integra stolen. While it wasn't an expensive car, it was mine and I put more hours into her than any other car I've owned. The bastards stole the engine and seats and decided to put their cigarette butts out on the dash and headliner just for giggles.

I believe in KARMA.

Quick Reply: Stolen 2008 Victory Red C6 Z06