Backup Camera?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 05:05 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Default Backup Camera?

Anyone have direct experience with aftermarket backup camera's?
I see 2 styles that seem most popular: one that clips over your existing rear view mirror, and one that mounts to your windshield via a suction cup (many seem to be a 4 inch screen or so). I am not really in need of front facing camera capability, but would take it if the unit came with one.

LMK of good/bad, brands, etc...

Thanks

Last edited by VETFEVER; 10-31-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:54 AM
HiVoltge
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Jack I had a BU camera installed when I upgraded to my kenwood double din head unit. Picked up the camera on ebay and it was literally a plug/play set up.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:33 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by HiVoltge
Jack I had a BU camera installed when I upgraded to my kenwood double din head unit. Picked up the camera on ebay and it was literally a plug/play set up.

Thanks - The dash in my daily driver won't accept a double din head unit. I am talking about stand alone systems with a separate display from the head unit...
Old 11-02-2018, 09:07 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

cpl come to mind, license plate trim one, and another that goes above the plate and mount around the trunk release / emblem.
have one mounted to my grill so i don t crash the front end into curbs, and a seperate screen that goes in the cubby hole behind the nav screen.
Old 11-28-2018, 02:47 AM
PaulUptime
Melting Slicks

Received 182 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm waiting on a device that provides front and rear bluetooth/web enabled cams that connect to my smartphone. Seems sensible as I usually have this display device (my phone) inside the car anyway.

Ideally would want cams with good resolution for pleasure recording, plus a muti-purpose controller allowing those cams to also serve as backup cam and a self-recording security/dash cam with shock sensor that can stream and alert me if the car is moved. Would be awesome peace of mind to have it alert my phone with live images should someone bump into it, or worse hook it up to a tow truck.

Sounds like a big list but should all be perfectly doable. Who knows, probably be a handful of vendors at January CES showcasing something like this. Autonomous controls, distracted drivers and high insurance rates will make this technology indispensable.

Get notified of new replies

To Backup Camera?

Quick Reply: Backup Camera?