Canadian Events Canada, eh?

out of province pre purchase inspections.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2019, 09:44 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Default out of province pre purchase inspections.

i am thinking of a Corvette out of province and have heard of services in the states that does pre purchase full inspections before the buyer fesses up the cash to vendor., Am wondering if there is anything like that in Canada, am in On and car in Calgary, i have searched the web, but found nothing yet. if anyone knows of a service or a person would look, i would appreciate it.

tia Al
Old 01-02-2019, 05:59 AM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Al, just a thought but try contacting Davenport Motorsports in Calgary. They have a good reputation with high performance sales and service maybe they could help.

Last edited by Black 03 Z06; 01-02-2019 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:15 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Black 03 Z06
Al, just a thought but try contacting Davenport Motorsports in Calgary. They have a good reputation with high performance sales and service maybe they could help.
thanks Murray for the heads up.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:43 AM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 660 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by walleyejack
i am thinking of a Corvette out of province and have heard of services in the states that does pre purchase full inspections before the buyer fesses up the cash to vendor., Am wondering if there is anything like that in Canada, am in On and car in Calgary, i have searched the web, but found nothing yet. if anyone knows of a service or a person would look, i would appreciate it.

tia Al
Ask your insurance company if they work with appraisers in the area the car is located in. Reasons for doing this:

1 - There are many good appraisers out there who are fully certified and will do a much better job inspecting your car
2 - They will also provide a value for the car which your insurance company will accept and insure your car for.

You would be shocked how little money your insurance company would give you if your car (especially a C5 being 15+ years old) was written off or was in an incident where the repairs were $5,000 or more - they wouldn't pay to have the car repaired. Once a car gets beyond 10 years old, insurance companies place very little value on them despite our Corvettes being well taken of, low mileage, pristine, blah, blah blah. They don't care about all that - it's just another old car. Without an appraisal, you're at a huge disadvantage should you have a claim.

Last edited by VETFEVER; 01-02-2019 at 10:45 AM.
The following users liked this post:
walleyejack (01-02-2019)
Old 01-02-2019, 12:21 PM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

one of the other lads finally got back to me, unfortunately he is in Calgary,
this car is mint i believe. still would like to have someone look at it.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:50 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Al, ask the question of the other guys. There is lots of people from Calgary there.

Get notified of new replies

To out of province pre purchase inspections.

Quick Reply: out of province pre purchase inspections.