Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Wasaga weekend

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 05:15 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wasaga weekend (mg62)

I'm going to start my vacation early and take the day off today, go out to 75Rag's and join the caravan for part of the way north, though sadly I can't make it to Wasaga this time.

Wow, it's easy to dominate this section of the Forum. I'm tempted to post into Greg's New Hamburg thread just to be last poster in all the current threads. Nah, ... that would be stupid.
Not stupid, just adventurous.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:53 PM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (Dwayne 76)

Dwayne (squishy), Cyndi .... thanks a bunch! What a great set up, SA and I were actually sorry we had booked a hotel. It's great partying you guys. Worth the drive just for Dwayne's sound effects alone. Between Mike and I we must have 100 pics .. lookout!

Steve, Nancy great to see you guys as well. Let us know when you need help getting those "projects" done, gotta get you vettin' asap.

Greg good to see you, eveyone in a different surrounding sure brings out the best ....

Mike, what can I say ....... :crazy:
Old 08-17-2003, 09:11 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (75Rag)

Dwayne (squishy), Cyndi thanks for a great weekend, we haven't laughed that hard in a while.

Mike we still have a BIG :D from dinner Friday night and great smores.

Greg great to see you again. 75rag I'll keep you posted.

I'll try and get the chore out of the way to drop in on Saturday.

Steve :steering:

[Modified by stpman, 9:11 PM 8/17/2003]
Old 08-17-2003, 09:24 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (stpman)

I took Anne up this afternoon, got there abot 1 pm and left @ 5pm, just went to a beach. We met a couple who have a 53, it looks brand new. He bought it last year, we went for dinner at that rib place y'all went to on Friday, next is the "meat plate" place Cyndi's uncle told me about on the road to Collingwood. Taking the vette up to Owen Sound tomorrow and dropping in at a few C1 & C2 owners while I'm there. Going to head down to Pt. Colbourne to see G.D. before the summer ends - what a small world eh. :cool:
Old 08-17-2003, 09:43 PM
Cyndi76
Instructor

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (gdh)

Hi everyone! What a great weekend :yesnod: We had a blast and hope to do that again next year. :hurray:

Thanks Mike, Steve and Nancy for joining us on the camp out. Michael and SA for joining the bonfires Friday and Saturday and Greg for stopping by. Sorry we missed you and Ann today. Mike, thanks for stopping off to have a drink with us on the way back.

Too bad others couldn't make it and stop by for many laughs not to mention the embarrassing photos I'm sure will make their way here.

Tom and Alicia had a great time and thank you all for coming out. Just wish they could've spent more time partying with us.

Great seeing you all again. Please keep me posted and let me know if you would all prefer a party in late November/early December or New Year's Eve. I think partying with this bunch New Year's Eve would not only be fun, but a pleasure. There are some nice hotels in Newmarket if people wish to book for the night.
:seeya
Old 08-18-2003, 12:48 AM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (Cyndi76)

it was a great time...thanks to everyone....click this....you'll know....

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/1bad69//dscf0010.wav
Old 08-18-2003, 08:01 AM
Cyndi76
Instructor

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (1bad69)

:lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 08-18-2003, 08:48 AM
68shark
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (Cyndi76)

Sorry to have missed this....was stranded downtown (with the Vette) until later Thursday night (as I was going to head to Wasaga first thing Friday). Drove it home Thursday night instead seeing I had filled up the tank that morning. With no power in Ajax and finding out that Wasaga had limited power in the early afternoon and wondering about food/gas availability, I decided to play it safe and cancel. Of course, that virtually guaranteed the weekend would turn out perfect....just like selling my mutual funds guaranteed there would be a market recovery!!
Old 08-18-2003, 10:21 AM
PyjamaSam
Pro

Location: At the end of 2 big long black marks on #2 Sideroad and Walkers Line.
Default Re: Wasaga weekend (68shark)

Sorry I missed it as well.... Ok here comes my excuse.

Thursday: Well we all know what happened on Thursday, except at around 11:00 I got a phone call from a somebody my wife stayed with in Waterloo one term. She has been trying to get a hold of her son (who I am friends with), but could not get a hold of him. So she asked if we could do her a favor. She is staying with her sister right now in Saskatoon, and her sister had an exchange student from Belgium staying with her for the last month. Well the student was heading home on Thursday. She mad it to Toronto before the power went, but her flight to Amsterdam was canceled. So off Tennille and I went to rescue this girl from the airport. Armed with only a description (which was not very good), and a name we went searching around Terminal 1. After about 45 min we found her. Did I mention she really didn't speak that much English, and I have long since forgotten any of my useful French. She was a little shaken up since she had been there since around 6ish when her first plane landed. We ended up home at around 1:30. It had been a long day.

Friday: I got up to go to work, since I was not sure if I had to or not. But while I was showering Tennille heard on the radio that they were telling people to stay home. So I decided to call Josh. It turns out he had taken an old phone out of the closet and didn't check the ringer. It was off. :rolleyes:
So the rest of Friday was just spent hanging out with Josh and his wife and Helene (the exchange student). We made the best of the day off and went swimming and such. I had no cell reception at all, but I did have power as of Friday morning. So I started to boot up my network. Turns out I had no internet connection. Plus my exchange server decided to not want to boot back up. I had no way to contact anybody, since all my numbers were on the forum, or in exchange. We took Helene to the airport Friday night to get her rebooked flight, and proceeded to wait in line for 4.5 hours.... That is an entire story in its self. After a very long day (7:00 to 12:00) I just crashed into my bed.

Saturday: Well when I woke up it was raining, and looking a little nasty out side. I had already had an adventure the day before trying to get gas, so I was thinking that it might be a bit annoying to get gas for the car. We finally decided that we would just pass on wasaga this year and make it next year. So we decided to go and visit the breeder and see the puppies (we are getting one in about 5 weeks).
http://album.chrisandtennille.com/Ho...urCorgi-3Weeks
So these are my pictures for the weekend :-)

Sunday: I ended up driving the vette this weekend any way. Sunday was nice and Tennille was going to a baseball game in the states with a friend, so after I went to work for a bit, I hoped in gassed up and went to a family picnic that was happening. The sky was clear, and the sun was warm. It was fun.

So overall it was quite an eventful weekend. A little sad I missed wasaga. Not so much to see the cars (since I hear that there weren't that many), but more to miss the fun with you guys. Oh well. Next year.

p.s. I was not ignoring people last week. I was a little afraid that I was not going to be able to leave at noon on Friday. And I didn't want to post an update saying I wouldn't make it only to make it. SO I was kinda staling until I knew what was going on. Not that it mattered much any way :-)

chris.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:27 AM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (68shark)

We missed you too Chris, Mike and I were running out of photo ops!!
Old 08-18-2003, 11:23 AM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (PyjamaSam)

It's okay Chris, all you had to say was you lost the directions :lolg:
Old 08-18-2003, 11:24 AM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Oh gawd, kill me know :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 08-18-2003, 08:37 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Wasaga weekend (Dwayne 76)

heyyyyyy squishy!!!!! :cheers:
Old 08-18-2003, 09:27 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

here is the pic of dwayne and the president of the vette club they joined.....

Old 08-18-2003, 09:52 PM
stpman
Melting Slicks

here is the pic of dwayne and the president of the vette club they joined.....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Steve :steering:
Old 08-18-2003, 10:00 PM
Cyndi76
Instructor

The Smores King

Doing his roasted marshmallow mating dance!!!!! :lolg: :lolg: :lolg: :lolg:
Old 08-18-2003, 10:32 PM
75Rag
Melting Slicks