Canadian Events Canada, eh?

Videos from the Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 09:32 AM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (mg62)

I used XT as a reference to the dinosaur pc, Windows has always been known in the IT industry as some of the poorest written software out there. There is a reason why most of the heavy graphic and media users use Apple, but then again for most ppl's needs a p1 or p2 would suffice for the typical dbase/ss/wp useage or even the photocrap done by most. :rolleyes:
Old 08-29-2003, 10:25 AM
PyjamaSam
Pro

Location: At the end of 2 big long black marks on #2 Sideroad and Walkers Line.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (gdh)

I just posted an avi. It was compressed with divx 5.05. Let me know if that one works. Once I figgure out what you all can watch, I will make sure all the videos I post are that format.

The Divx one is way smaller, so I am also interested in the quality as well.

I tried to compress a quicktime, but I ended up with a 151 mb file even using a good codec. So I still have to do some searching.

chris.

[Modified by PyjamaSam, 10:26 AM 8/29/2003]
Old 08-29-2003, 01:26 PM
75Rag
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (PyjamaSam)

mssg ...... couldn't open error in program ......
Old 08-29-2003, 05:07 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (75Rag)

Got the same error on the .avi. :(

WMV file worked great and the quality was good, please convert mine if you get a chance, thanks Chris :D
Old 08-29-2003, 07:43 PM
PyjamaSam
Pro

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (MotorHead)

Ya I notced the avi is messed up. I will recompress all the videos as wmv's tonight.

That sounds like the best bet.

chris.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:49 PM
MotorHead
Race Director

Location: Who says "Nothing is impossible" ? I've been doing nothing for years.
Received 156 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (PyjamaSam)

You da man again :lol:
Old 08-30-2003, 06:25 PM
PyjamaSam
Pro

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (MotorHead)

Ok. Everything is compressed. The wmv's are up on both mirrors.

I also realized that the mpeg files are actually mpeg2 files. So you will probally need a mpeg2 decoder to view them.

P.s. I am about done editing the "fun" video. I will post it when I am done.

chris.
Old 08-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Dwayne 76
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (mg62)

I really dislike Windows 95 - XT with a passion, love Apple Jaguar. Btw I use Windows at school and it truly sux, our networked pc's run like crap and our Mac's just keep on running. I am stuck with a new P4 with XT to run our server and it is just a pig as Dwayne can attest to. The 2 Imac's at home pulled it up but my laptop (98SE) and Kyle's P3 (XT) had same probs at Wayne.

Assume you mean "XP". I've had XP Professional since a few weeks before it hit the shelves, and I've never had a stitch of trouble with it. Chris's downloads worked fine for me.

If a PC "runs like crap" with a Windows OS, it's probably because the OS has been installed on an antique without adequate resources. Although Windows ME was a bit of a bum steer, both Windows 98SE and XP have proven to be very stable.

Lots of people would like to be "stuck with a new P4 with XT"!!

:D

[Modified by mg62, 8:33 AM 8/29/2003]

Well, although you may never have had problems with XP Mark, the poor coding from MicroCrap usually requires an infinite number of patches, which, soon you will have to pay a subscription fee to get. Ya, Microsoft releases a bug ridden OS, and you have to PAY to get the fixes. True, this hasn't happened YET, but that is exaclty what Microsoft wants to do. I have had Microsoft XP, for almost a year and I HAVE had problems, but then I also do programming, and use the computer extensively. I don't hate Windows there's just much better OS's out there. Apple has a really cool looking GUI, thanks for letting me play with 'puter Greg :thumbs: I thought that was great. Linux also has a good GUI, Gnome is really cool to. Take two computers, both P4 Xeon's one with MS Win XP, the other Linux 2.6 Kernel and the Linux box will run better, quicker, and more stable then Win XP. Of course, that's just my educated opinion. I didn't include the Apple OS in there as I haven't had the pleasure to benchmark that OS. :cheers:
Old 08-30-2003, 10:38 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (Dwayne 76)

My neighbour used to be the head of IT for Bombardier, he left for a better consulting position. Many of these network ppl really like Linux, Dwayne how do you feel about Unix as that is what Apple OSX is based on. A couple of network managers I know in To and area just feel that Linux is so easy to work with and it is very stable and reliable, I just find that managing 400 computers on our network where XP is running can be a real PITA, XP is massive cumbersome and slow. Dwayne hopefully you will replace me in 2 years and run this network properly. :thumbs:
Old 09-04-2003, 01:33 PM
75 Stingray!
Drifting

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day

Thanks for the vid it worked fine for me

So after having an interesting Dyno day and track day to get my baseline (132HP 228TQ 16.61/4) I decided it was due time to tune my car. First step was to replace the stock advance springs with lighter ones. As I took the distributor apart I discovered that the mechanical advance mechanism was sized. So I replaced the lower half of the distributor and the springs. Then I adjusted the secondareis on the carb to open sooner, did the timing and took her for a test run. It seemed to run better but not what I was expecting. When I pulled into the driveway I noticed the idle was higher then what I set it at, so I go to take the filter off so that I can turn it down and the idle automatically drops. After doing this a few times I realize that the Edelbrock air cleaner is sitting on the accelerator pump lever and it was pushing it down at idle and preventing me from getting full throttle. So after I banged the crap out of it and re-tuned my car I went for another pass, it feels so much quicker. When the secondaries open up the exhaust is so much louder and it sounds sweet. I’d say I took a full second of my ¼ time, I think I’m running mid 15’s now. :cool:
After doing all of this I am really curious as to what my car would Dyno now, my guess is an extra 20HP and 20TQ or more. I’m going to drive it a few more weeks to tune it more then I may do another Dyno.
Old 09-04-2003, 01:41 PM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Default Re: Videos from the Dyno Day (75 Stingray!)

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Quick Reply: Videos from the Dyno Day