Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Impressed with REJEX vs. ZAINO

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 04:22 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Impressed with REJEX vs. ZAINO

Tried it on my black C5 next to the new Zaino product. Followed the directions for both and found that the REJEX came off much easier than the new Z2 and covered up the slight scratches much better. Now if it is durable, i'm sold. I was curious if the Zaino had a money back guarantee....nope, but the REJEX does. Anyone else have good luck with this stuff?
Old 04-20-2005, 04:57 PM
DreamVette97
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never heard of it, but am in the middle of waxing my torch red coupe as we speak. Where did you pick it up, I may try some!

Thanks for the info!
Old 04-20-2005, 04:59 PM
69mako
Race Director

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Where do you get Rejex?..I'd like to perform my own test too
Old 04-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

You can order direct at 800-638-7361 or at their website: www.corrosionx.com. Not only does this stuff come off easier than the Zaino, it goes on much easier. With the pad Zaino provides, their stuff just can't be put on smoothly which causes some spots not to get any wax at all. Hey, it's worth a try! Just ship it back if you don't like it. And it seems like the bottle (at less than $20) will last a couple of years.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:22 PM
Killrwheels
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
Tried it on my black C5 next to the new Zaino product. Followed the directions for both and found that the REJEX came off much easier than the new Z2 and covered up the slight scratches much better. Now if it is durable, i'm sold. I was curious if the Zaino had a money back guarantee....nope, but the REJEX does. Anyone else have good luck with this stuff?
Rejex is an all-in-one type product with some light fillers and abrasives. (smell it and rub it between your fingers) It does not look better than Zaino, and will not last anywhere near as long. I currently have a 3/4 full bottle that I use to wax the painted flower bed in the back. Helps protect against the birdie doo-doo they splat there, and I cannot find a single other use for it.

You want something that looks better, as easy to use, and with longer durability. Try Klasse All-In-One as it is more of an apple to apple test, and trust me you will be more pleased. Zainos Z2Pro is a much better product when used correctly (very light) but is a last stage protectant only. Hope that helps ....

http://www.autogeek.net/klasse.html
Old 04-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Killrwheels
Rejex is an all-in-one type product with some light fillers and abrasives. (smell it and rub it between your fingers) It does not look better than Zaino, and will not last anywhere near as long. I currently have a 3/4 full bottle that I use to wax the painted flower bed in the back. Helps protect against the birdie doo-doo they splat there, and I cannot find a single other use for it.

You want something that looks better, as easy to use, and with longer durability. Try Klasse All-In-One as it is more of an apple to apple test, and trust me you will be more pleased. Zainos Z2Pro is a much better product when used correctly (very light) but is a last stage protectant only. Hope that helps ....

http://www.autogeek.net/klasse.html
You probably have some good points there. I'll test it for durability in the next couple of washings. Zaino Z5 has performed very well and lasted very long on my black Honda Accord but it just doesn't seem to work as well on my Vette. Using a foam applicator to apply Zaino results in a much more even coat and can be applied in lighter coats but this violates the Zaino instructions. I wonder if putting the Zaino on top of the REJEX would work??
Old 04-20-2005, 10:12 PM
CCA Corvette Parts
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 421 Likes on 322 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08,-'13-'14, '16-'17

I tried it on my DD and liked it at first, but now it is just for the wheels and glass. Does not hold up, better than most but not great...

Peace
Willfulone

Old 04-21-2005, 11:51 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rejex-can you say durability

I’m not sure why anyone would put NXT or Rejex up against the most durable product out there…OK I’ve got it ‘wishful thinking’.
JonM
Old 04-21-2005, 12:46 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DreamVette97
never heard of it, but am in the middle of waxing my torch red coupe as we speak. Where did you pick it up, I may try some!

Thanks for the info!
http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/forumpurchase.htm

You can get forum discount with free shipping.
I put on 2 coats when I first got my C6 and its the only thing I will put on it now.

Last edited by jabez; 04-21-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:03 PM
0X-AutoProducts
Supporting Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Turbooo2u

thanks for the very nice post on RejeX. my company is the distributor to the automotive market for the product, and i'm a sponsoring vendor of corvette forum. as mentioned, i do offer a discount on the product, and free shipping to forum members who use the following link to purchase it online....
http://www.x-autoproducts.com/pages/forumpurchase.htm

now, to address some of the comments your post has received...
RejeX is a paint polish & sealant. it has no fillers or abrasives. it does have some (very slight) solvent content. i'm not trying to blow anyone out of the water, but i'd like to make sure the right info is getting communicated. as for people's opinions on what they think is the best stuff, everyone is entitled to think what they want.

as for durability, last year i applied it to my suburban in january and it was still very shiny in october. 10 months in atlanta is a long time for a daily driver that sits outside all the time. i've spoken to the chemists regarding some people's durability experience. the advice given me was that some people have so much wax or silicone-based products on their car that it's difficult for a sealant like RejeX to adhere well. there are a couple of other reasons for variations in performance, but they're not related to the product. that's why some people have great success, and others don't seem to. it's not hard to use, but you do have to follow the instruction and let it cure.

i'm sure that you'll find that it does everything we say it will....
1) make your car very shiny
2) produce a very slippery finish which helps keep your car clean
3) be resilient to soaps, detergents, fuels, acids, etc. to protect your paint

thanks again for your post.
please feel free to call if you have any questions.

best regards,

barry
X-Auto Products
800-559-1192
www.x-autoproducts.com
Old 04-22-2005, 12:06 PM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote: as for durability, last year i applied it to my suburban in january and it was still very shiny in october. 10 months in atlanta is a long time for a daily driver that sits outside all the time. i've spoken to the chemists regarding some people's durability experience. the advice given me was that some people have so much wax or silicone-based products on their car that it's difficult for a sealant like RejeX to adhere well. there are a couple of other reasons for variations in performance, but they're not related to the product. that's why some people have great success, and others don't seem to. it's not hard to use, but you do have to follow the instruction and let it cure.

Do you have any other reports on its durability other than your own as it may be a little baised as you obviously have a vested interest in this product
JonM
Old 04-22-2005, 03:52 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I didn't get great durability out of it either. Better than NXT but that is not saying much.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:27 PM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

In response to TOGWT.
We all have our own reasons for buying a product. We are all looking for different things. I was looking for depth of color, reflectivity , "the wet look" and reasonable durability. What I want is not necessarily what someone else wants and therefore my satisfaction level may be different.

As I have posted a number of times, I am sold on Rejex.
Sitting next to a club member's Zaino clad C4 at a car show last September, my '88 got all the attention and discussion that the paint could not be original... It is.
I last used Rejex early last August. In late December I put it away for the winter. It has been out for a month now.
That's 6+ months of durability. I've been feeling guilty because I have not "waxed" it this season... but it doesn't need it!

Tomorrow was to be a parade day ( unfortunately we are expecting up to 18 inches of snow over the next 36 hrs) I was comfortable having it in front of all my club members and the parade viewing public with nothing more than a quick wash.
It has more than enough durability for me.

I have used Meguiars, Mothers, Zymol, and even Nu-Finish ,I must disclose that I have not used Zaino. I am open to try it, but based on what I have seen, heard and read, I have no reason to make the investment at this point in time.

Get notified of new replies

To Impressed with REJEX vs. ZAINO

Quick Reply: Impressed with REJEX vs. ZAINO