Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Zaino Z5, tips for better results?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 02:48 PM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Default Zaino Z5, tips for better results?

I use Z5 and Z2 on my cars and don't ever seem to get the results I think I should be with the Z5. I use a back and forth motion (front to back of car) and hte Zaino applicator with about a dime size drop of Z5 each time. Is my problem that I go like this....?

Z2
Z6
Z5
Z6
Z2
Z6
Z5
Z6

...should I be doing multiple Z5 coats before Z2 again? I just picked up some Z8, so I may replace the Z6 with that if it seems to work well. I'm also trying the ZFX today for the first time.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:20 PM
J Z06
Team Owner

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Scorp...

You'll like the ZFX, old blue had many a coat on there when I had it. Your technique of going back and forth to 5 and 2 with a coat of 6 is fine. A coat of 6 right after a polish makes the finish soo smooth it's un-real! With ZFX, you can do a max of three coats within a 24 hour period. I've done it and the stuff makes the finish look terrific. There's also a pre-cleaner that's out that will remove a little oxidation/scuffs/scratches. Take a peek on the site.

I never tried Z8 yet. It isn't intended to replace Z6(not really sure what it's supposed to do honestly, I'm a little behind)

Sounds like you're doing everything else correctly. Z2 PRO is out, a better version of the original 2. I'll be trying that soon with some ZFX mixed in.

Old 06-25-2005, 04:22 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Try the Z8, you will be amazed at how good it works. Can you say SUPER SLICK.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:58 PM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scorp508
I use Z5 and Z2 on my cars and don't ever seem to get the results I think I should be with the Z5. I use a back and forth motion (front to back of car) and hte Zaino applicator with about a dime size drop of Z5 each time. Is my problem that I go like this....?

Z2
Z6
Z5
Z6
Z2
Z6
Z5
Z6

...should I be doing multiple Z5 coats before Z2 again? I just picked up some Z8, so I may replace the Z6 with that if it seems to work well. I'm also trying the ZFX today for the first time.
"I'm also trying the ZFX today for the first time."
Muliple coats without ZFX could be the problem, Mix ZFX™ solution –pour one to two ounces of Z2PRO™ or Z-3™ into a two-ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4 to 5 drops of ZFX™ (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds
JonM

Last edited by TOGWT; 06-25-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:33 AM
JJU
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Is your intent to remove the "spider webbing"? If so, you should apply multiple coats before using Z-2/Z-2 Pro. I would definitely be using ZFX during application.

Apply Z-6/Z-8 between coats so that the next one will go on smoother.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:47 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

Scorp, being your car is yellow I would use Z-2, if scratches and swirls are bad repair them with Zaino Z-PC Paint Cleanser and a buffer, I would just use Z-2 due to the color of your car rather than Z-5/Z-2 combo, and 3 applications per day with ZFX is the most you should apply, if you're not using ZFX then 1 application every 12 hours is the rule of thumb, this allows the polish to cure, with ZFX the cure time is almost instant.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:58 PM
paid4c4
Burning Brakes

Dito on the Z8 try it, it really is great. My first thought was how does it get better than Z6? Boy was I wrong Z8 really make a difference. I detailed the 03Vert after winter storage and it made that dark red paint really pop. Tomorrow I'm detail our 59 Ford Vert to show on Saturday. That will be the real test for Z8. The 59 is a show car which is detailed to the max so any improvement will have to from a great product. I'll post the results tomorrow or Saturday when I return from the show. I know I'll get the dead horse but since I've been detailing the 59 with Zaino the old car hasn't lost a show!
Bill
Old 06-30-2005, 09:29 PM
toedoc
Racer

Z8 is a great product and seems to last longer than Z6. You may have been putting to may coats on before they could cure.

Get notified of new replies

To Zaino Z5, tips for better results?

Quick Reply: Zaino Z5, tips for better results?