Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

IBIZ Car Wax - anyone use it ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 06:39 AM
Oldvetter
Le Mans Master

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default IBIZ Car Wax - anyone use it ?

I was just at Corvettes at Carlisle (PA) this weekend, saw a demonstration on IBIZ car wax. I was impressed enough to buy it. But now I am not sure whether to use on Vette or just try it on other cars.
I currently use Meguiers NXT on Vette and am VERY HAPPY with it.

Anyone use IBIZ ?
Old 08-30-2005, 03:56 AM
Charlie from Cherry Hill
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Ibiz

I bought the Ibiz kit at Carlisle last year. It included Ibiz wax, detailer leather cleaner, wheel cleaner and car wash for $50. The wax does go on and off easily enough and does leave a nice shine on my '99 FRC, Unfortunately it also leaves a powery residue which has to be washed off after you're all done. I read the directions, but I don't see how to avoid the residue. I used it on my Chevy Blazer and it got on the plastic trim parts and I had to buy some other product to neutrulize the wax on the plastic parts to get them back to black. I gave most of it away to a buddy who likes it. He's more racer than waxer. I went back to Zaino on the Covette and I'll use another product on the Blazer like Maguires.

Last edited by Charlie from Cherry Hill; 09-18-2005 at 08:22 PM.

Quick Reply: IBIZ Car Wax - anyone use it ?