Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

should I use zanio? nxt?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 08:05 PM
NSTG8R
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default should I use zanio? nxt?

i'm unsure if i should go with zanio .. does the cost outweight the performance of this product?

maybe i should use NXT.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:11 PM
uloozer
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I've used both.. I love both but I'll always use NXT. It's easy to come buy and relitively inexpensive compared to Zaino
Old 10-20-2005, 08:13 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Zaino gets my vote, it is much more durable and will not stain your trim.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Zilla
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: All that glitters is Gold - Hockey Is CANADA'S game
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06

That is a tough choice.
I have a solution, do half the car in Zaino and the other half in NXT.

I know what you are up to
Old 10-20-2005, 08:21 PM
jophis37
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just used NXT for the first time this past SAT. I'm impressed. Gonna stick w/ that for a while.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:30 PM
GSjimbo
Pro

Originally Posted by Neablas
i'm unsure if i should go with zanio .. does the cost outweight the performance of this product?

maybe i should use NXT.
I too once thought the cost and effort outweighed the result but I am here to tell you that I was wrong. Yes, I admit it I was wrong but please don't tell my wife. She is convinced that I am infallable
It takes less than 1/2 ounce to do one coat if applied IAW recommendations so that one bottle will easily do 30+ applications. And after the initial prep and application (Dawn wash, clay bar, ZPC polish and Z5 or Z2 sealer) successive applications take no longer than any other sealer or wax to apply. It also doesn't stain window gaskets or leave a lot of dust everywhere.
Never used NXT but by all accounts it is a fine product but i'd put Zaino up against it any day shine for shine and for ease of application.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:13 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Nice vettes jimbo. I have to agree with you, I can do my vette in 20 minutes with 1/4 oz of Zaino. I usually mix about 1" in the bottle and can do my car twice and the wheels and still have some left over, then you factor in I only have to do it every 6 months (despite the fact I probably do it every other wash on my vette, it is good therapy), it is dirt cheap, and SAFE. No strong solvents or abrasives (I only use these when I have to) that are hard on my clear coat or stain my trim which is good since the modern cc's are so thin. And, well your pictures say the rest.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:49 PM
C5naples
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Neablas

maybe i should use NXT.
You must be bored! It will be covered with stickers anyway.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:17 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Use both and see which is best for you.

No matter which product you choose:

Wash
Claybar
Wash
Polish with abrasive and/or cleaner as necessary
Wax/Seal
Old 10-20-2005, 11:21 PM
dwilcox
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Zaino !! I used NXT and it is without a doubt a great product but Zaino is the only products I would use on my vette form here on out. I was skeptical when I read the comments on this forum about Zaino, until I tried it. It is awesome. After the initial clean up, the wax is easy to apply, lasts longer than NXT and the Zaino Detailer Spray is like magic, much better than any other Detil spary I have ever used. Try the "Kit" I think it was around 80 +/- dollars, but worth every penny. And just so you know, I am not one that would spend huors waxing unless I achieved some great results, which I did. my 02.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:29 AM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone has their personal favorites. Pick up a few products and try them out and stick with the one you like the best.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:21 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Use both and see which is best for you.

No matter which product you choose:

Wash
Claybar
Wash
Polish with abrasive and/or cleaner as necessary
Wax/Seal

Zane is absolutely correct, no-one can tell you what you are going to like. Try them, and others as wanted. Learn their advantages and disadvantages. Then use the one the fits "your" bill. The only other suggestion is to try and stay or use the complete line, and all the products work together.

This is neither of the products above, but I think you will agree that the results are stunning.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:55 AM
Kevin V
Pro

Trying different products is the best way to find what YOU like best. I've tried dozens of products for 35 years and Zaino to me is definitely the best I've evr used. It is the only product that has given me everything I want from a product. The cost per application is alot cheaper than you'd think too, making it very economical.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:25 AM
RAGOVET
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '05

I settled in on Zaino. I think there are many products out there that work very well, but you just need to find a product set that you feel good with and stay with it. What I like about Zaino is that all the products are designed to interact properly with each other and they do appear to have a product for most car care needs. Also, Sal is very good at responding to questions via email which I think is very nice ....

Good luck.

PS. I am buying a bottle of this RejeX to use on my chrome wheels since I have read alot about this and wanted to try it out.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:09 PM
GSjimbo
Pro

Originally Posted by agentf1
Nice vettes jimbo.
I wish they were all mine! Top one is my brother-in-laws LMB ComemZ06, middle is his brother's triple balck L88, and the GS is mine. Gonna do the wife's 1970 Mach 1, 428 SCJ next but I won't post that one here for fear of extreme punishment

Get notified of new replies

To should I use zanio? nxt?

Quick Reply: should I use zanio? nxt?