Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Help - Black Marks on Oak top

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2001, 02:37 AM
plarryj
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help - Black Marks on Oak top

I tried Haartz Cleaner today and it did a great job on some bug and oil stains but it did not cut any of the dark rubber stains my oak top has picked up when it was folded under. Any suggestions from those of you who have "been there done that".

Thanks . . . Larry :seeya

Old 08-12-2001, 02:14 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Help - Black Marks on Oak top (plarryj)

I tried Haartz Cleaner today and it did a great job on some bug and oil stains but it did not cut any of the dark rubber stains my oak top has picked up when it was folded under. Any suggestions from those of you who have "been there done that".Thanks . . . Larry :seeya
Here is what Haartz says about tougher stains:

The fabric itself does not promote mildew growth. However, mildew may grow on dirt and other foreign substances that are not removed from the fabric. For these more stubborn cases, soak the fabric for approximately 20 minutes in a solution of no more than ½ cup (4 oz.) bleach and ¼ cup (2 oz.) Haartz Roof Cleaner per gallon of water and scrub lightly as indicated above. Excessive soaking with the bleach solution can deteriorate seam threads, so be sure to rinse thoroughly.

Rinse entire vehicle to remove all of the bleach solution from fabric and to prevent streaking on painted and chrome surfaces. Acrylic fabric readily absorbs water but dries quickly. Several cleanings may be necessary.

Quick Reply: Help - Black Marks on Oak top