Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

3M Clear Bra - Cleaning/Polishing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 03:54 PM
DeepBlueC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As all have said... treat as you do your paint. I have had it on multiple vehicles with no yellowing.

Use QD to clean up bugs. I also use Rejex on mine. I have found it makes it easier to remove the bug residue.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Datawiz
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 381 Likes on 163 Posts
CI-7-8-9-10 Veteran
Cruise-In IX AutoX Winner
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11,'19,'22
St. Jude/CI Name Tag Designer

My clear bra has been on for 18 months. I waxed it ONCE...big mistake. The "haze" was horrible. If you look at all my shots on the beach, not one is from the front, cuz that was the day it did it.

Now I use Eagle One "Wax as U Dry" and their spray detailer. I now only wax the car (with their nano wax) once a month and use the other two all the other times. NEVER get close to the edge of the clear bra with wax. Nothing worse than white crap showing all over the place.

$0.02.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:29 PM
JFTaylor
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Datawiz
My clear bra has been on for 18 months. I waxed it ONCE...big mistake. The "haze" was horrible. If you look at all my shots on the beach, not one is from the front, cuz that was the day it did it.

Now I use Eagle One "Wax as U Dry" and their spray detailer. I now only wax the car (with their nano wax) once a month and use the other two all the other times. NEVER get close to the edge of the clear bra with wax. Nothing worse than white crap showing all over the place.

$0.02.
See what happens when using inferior polish/wax

Last edited by JFTaylor; 07-08-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:30 PM
Comfortably Numb
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Plexus

Originally Posted by blkvette1
OK - simple question - what do you guys/girls use to clean and polish your 3M Clear Bra material (obviously you must have one to answer this)?

I heard standard wax will make it yellow over time.
The 3M has a top coat on it - wax/polish should not be a problem. Isn't that the purpose of the top coat (along with UV protection). The best that I have used on my clear bra is PLEXUS. It polishes and cleans your clear bra and cleans the wax lines from the sides. I use a light plexus spray and a microfiber towel - very happy with the results.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:06 PM
HotWheelz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are costs of the clear bras?

With a black car that will be driven on a 35 mile one way interstate commute fairly often, the clear bra sound like it could be a very good hood nose saver.
Is the overall physical coverage of your car the same as the fabric ones or can you get more of your hood covered with this?
What kind of cost w/ installation?
Old 07-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Comfortably Numb
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default The Cost Of Clear Bras

Originally Posted by HotWheelz
With a black car that will be driven on a 35 mile one way interstate commute fairly often, the clear bra sound like it could be a very good hood nose saver.
Is the overall physical coverage of your car the same as the fabric ones or can you get more of your hood covered with this?
What kind of cost w/ installation?
The clear bra I have covers about 18 inches on the hood line, my front bumper (upper and lower) and front fenders. This would traditionally be the same areas you'd have covered with a fabric bra. In addition I also had rocker panels, mirrors, rear fenders and wheel wells. I don't mind the appearance of a removable bra, I just didn't like the added maintenance it required - putting on and off, cleaning, etc.. Thats why I went clear bra. My total cost was $800 for the install = higher priced compared to a above average car bra (maybe an extra $400?).

Quick Reply: 3M Clear Bra - Cleaning/Polishing?