Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Cotton Mitts

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 11:44 PM
hellrazr
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Cotton Mitts

I've been using cotton mitts to wash the vette and I've noticed that
when I'm done the mitt collects many small dirt particles. I only use the cotton mitt on the top and side panels of the car (I use a sponge for areas close to the road surface).

I'm not able to wash these particles out, so I end up throwing the mitt away after one wash.

Is this normal?
Old 10-23-2006, 12:21 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

You can throw them in the washer too, I keep them in the bucket when finished washing the car until the next wash, the water releases the dirt from the mitt while sitting there, then I hose the mitt out and refill the bucket with fresh water and car wash. I usually get 3-6 months from a mitt, less in the winter.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:28 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I prefer sheep skin.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by agentf1
I prefer sheep skin.
I only use cotton wash mitts made by LAZAINO.com. I love those things and they don't even think about scratching the paint. I had bought two of the Euro mitts from WalMart that a lot of people here on the forum really like. I didn't like them at all. No matter what I did they left fuzz all over my fabric convertible top.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:51 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Crusher
I only use cotton wash mitts made by LAZAINO.com. I love those things and they don't even think about scratching the paint. I had bought two of the Euro mitts from WalMart that a lot of people here on the forum really like. I didn't like them at all. No matter what I did they left fuzz all over my fabric convertible top.
LAZaino has some awesome towels for removing Zaino. I think you must have gotten some bad mitts from Walmart. Everyone I have gotten is awesome. The Gliptone guy sells the same mitts, I got 2 for 10 bucks from him up at Carlisle. The Gliptone guy in AC carried the mitts also. I wouldn't buy Gliptone polish from them but they did have good mitts. Of course he told me they were specially made for them but coincidentaly enough they happen to be the exact mitts WalMart sells under the Eurow name.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

The Eurow mitts didn't scratch but left lint on everything. After the first one and posting my experience you guys convinced me to buy another one. I bought another one from a different Walmart and got the same result. Strike two is enough for me. The cotton mitts work great for me so I'll stick with them.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:08 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Crusher
The Eurow mitts didn't scratch but left lint on everything. After the first one and posting my experience you guys convinced me to buy another one. I bought another one from a different Walmart and got the same result. Strike two is enough for me. The cotton mitts work great for me so I'll stick with them.
I'd think that cotton would leave more lint than the Sheep skin. Does it leave lint when it is dry too?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

The cotton towel doesn't leave any lint at all after the first wash. The eurow sheds wet or dry. I gave it to Bruce and he threw it away.

Get notified of new replies

To Cotton Mitts

Quick Reply: Cotton Mitts