Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 10:55 PM
Kwikz28
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar

Basically I've seen this new stuff "ICE" on the shelf at the auto parts store. Has anyone tried the "New" Liquid Clay Bar from Turtle wax? Whats the word? or am I'm better off with Mothers etc.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:01 AM
Jim D.
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried it side-by-side with traditional clay (Mothers) on two different vehicles, and I felt it didn't clean nearly as good. Just for safe measure, I had a buddy try it, too. In my opinion, traditional clay cleans better, is less work and less mess.
Old 03-09-2007, 03:55 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A) Detailer’s clay is formulated to remove contaminates from the paints surface, it contains abrasives (i.e. silica sand, calcium carbonate, alumina, ceramics, quartz, or silicon carbide) in an applicator (the malleable clay bar) the clay lubricant is doing the same thing for the clay's abrasives as the oils in a polish, which is working as a surface lubricant.

B) A polish contains an abrasive that will remove surface imperfections, i.e. scratches, surface marring, etc, the abrasives are contained in an oil carrier system, as a lubricant and to provide shine

Liquid clay sounds more like a polish, not sure were the “Clay” part comes from; all this will do is confuse people as to what detailer’s clay is and what it does
Old 03-09-2007, 07:56 AM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The turtle wax "clay" is as much a clay as Zaino is a "polish"
Old 03-09-2007, 06:53 PM
0JPM@AutoBuffs
Former Vendor

Location: The AutoBuffs Army is unmatched in the Custom world! www.autobuffs.net
S. Jersey Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Originally Posted by TH0001
The turtle wax "clay" is as much a clay as Zaino is a "polish"
Old 05-21-2007, 11:10 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

In no way, shape or form will it clean contaminants, minor scratches and other surface imperfections as well as a traditional clay bar, but if your car is fairly clean to begin with, Ice Liquid Clay Bar an excellent product that works quickly and restores a rich, deep luster.

You'll need elbow grease on difficult areas, but the supplied applicator pad works pretty well.

I'd rank it a 3.5 out of 5. It's really a paint/pre-wax cleaner, not a clay bar in the traditional sense.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:35 AM
RUNNINGMAN 1
Racer

[ if your car is fairly clean to begin with, Ice Liquid Clay Bar an excellent product that works quickly and restores a rich, deep luster.

You'll need elbow grease on difficult areas, but the supplied applicator pad works pretty well.

I'd rank it a 3.5 out of 5. It's really a paint/pre-wax cleaner, not a clay bar in the traditional sense.[/QUOTE]

Get notified of new replies

To Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar

Quick Reply: Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar