Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Interrior and Exterrior Cleaning Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Mr. Scary
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interrior and Exterrior Cleaning Help Needed

I recently purchased my C6Z and noticed after a couple of weeks that there are several light "fingernail and shoe scratches" on the interior door panels. I've tried removing them with just a damp micro fiber towel. The dirt and some smudges were removed but the scratches are still quite noticeable. I'm hesitant to use any chemicals that will leave the door panels shiny (like old school ArmorAll). Any suggestions on what else I could use?

Also, like many people I have hard water where I live. This leaves the dreaded spots on the windows and (chrome) wheels after washing, no matter how fast I dry them. My neighbor suggested for me to use CLR to remove the water spots, but I'm not sure if that will cause haze to build up or damage my wheels in any way. Is there a cleaning product that will remove the water sports?

Thanks for your suggestions!
Old 03-30-2007, 05:44 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

for the doorways, try a Mr Clean Majic Eraser. It works well on scuffs. I also love Poorboys Natural Shine for these areas, as no gloss but does bring back the color.

as for the waterspots, most carwashes offer a little help. You may need to move to a dedicated water softner unit. We sell some that many like as can be moved or permanently located next to hose.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Stickman81
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10

An all purpose cleaner (APC) cut with water (10 parts water, 1 part cleaner) with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser (MCME) works wonders.

I like "Aerospace 303" protectant.
You can get a free sample...
http://www.303products.com/tech/inde...TOKEN=57337382
Old 03-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Mr. Scary
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great! I'll give those a try. Thank you.

Get notified of new replies

To Interrior and Exterrior Cleaning Help Needed

Quick Reply: Interrior and Exterrior Cleaning Help Needed