Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Black out kit bites me in the butt

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 09:01 AM
C6VETTEWIFE
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black out kit bites me in the butt

Bought my husband the black out kit that he had been drooling over for the last 3 weeks ( he saw it on here obviously, thanks guys ). As he goes to apply the glue strips, he preps it with the alcohol pad (included) and the tail light instantly hazes over! I wanted to cry, and he was stunned. He cleaned it immediately and ran out and got plastic polish, but it is still a little hazed. No good deed goes unpunished. Now what do I do ??
Old 04-12-2007, 09:04 AM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Plastic polish is your best bet. I have cleared up some pretty bad lenses with Zaino Plastic Polish. Just keep doing it until they are perfect.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:20 AM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by agentf1
Plastic polish is your best bet. I have cleared up some pretty bad lenses with Zaino Plastic Polish. Just keep doing it until they are perfect.
don't worry, you can get it out with the plastic polish stuff. Just keep working at it. Don't rub too hard into it because you don't want to put scratches into it. I did that once being in a hurry and thinking that if i rub harder that it will go faster, not true, I put a lot of fine scratches in that I had to end up polishing out anyway. So I made extra work for myself.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:26 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

the best plexiglass polishes made are novus polishes ... do a google search. Comes in three steps for degree's of abrasiveness. I use to use it religiously on all my plexiglass amp racks !!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:18 PM
bugman
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

yes, I agree with Killrwheels. I found some insane prices on Novus polishes here. I also swear by them - used chiefly on my motorcycle windscreens with great results. They can also be used with Porter-Cable polisher, with saves you a lot of elbow strain.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:55 PM
C6VETTEWIFE
Instructor

Great, thanks to all !

Get notified of new replies

To Black out kit bites me in the butt

Quick Reply: Black out kit bites me in the butt