Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Plexus Plastic Cleaner- 2 Thumbs UP from this Vette pilot :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 12:59 PM
CoronaL
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Plexus Plastic Cleaner- 2 Thumbs UP from this Vette pilot :)

**disclaimer** I have no affiliation or monitary interest in generating this post. I'm doing this as I really like the product and wanted to share the information!

About 2 weeks or so ago I got a clearbra put on my 07 Z06. The installer warned against using waxes, even Zaino which I use on my cars. He said he's seen yellowing on certain films. He recommended this Plexus polish and gave me a small can and microfiber towel to use on the front end. I live in a rural area and every commute to/from anywhere is an exercise in insect extermination. Basically, I get bugs all over the front end. As it's spring here, it's only getting worse. He stated, this Plexus would help with that, I could just spray on and wipe off the bugs. That it will create a surface so slick bugs would have a hard time even sticking. I wouldn't go that far. In my evaluation, it makes cleaning the front of the car very simple. But occasionally a big bee or monster whatever it was will require a few sprays and rubs to clean off. This is a DRASTIC change over what I was used to. I dreaded washing my car just because of the bugs. Now, I just take out my can of Plexus and the microfiber towel, and spray on/wipe off in a few minutes good as new .

I used a very similar product when I had my 2000 ZX-9 motorcycle a few years back. Honda made a polish we used for debugging the front fairings and cleaning the windscreen. Was an awesome product, but unfortuneately it's not made anymore. This Plexus is about the same thing, even smells like the Honda Polish .

Anyway, if anyone else is stuck in a similar buggy situation as I am, you may very well want to try this product. I'm including a link to their site. If the mods feel it's an advertisement or w/e just delete it I guess.
http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/about.html

Pretty neat stuff to say the least, and it's working great for me! I ordered 5 more cans of it today lol. Gotta keep up my stock, plus the bike shop I ordered from had some microfiber towels that were like a 200k threadcount that I bought 4 of too :O. I want to keep some cheaper microfiber towels in the car to do my rims with(I think it will work great for cleaning the brake dust off) and the nicer ones for the car itself ie front end. Will have to keep the rags seperate though, but that's another story and me being **** about the brake dust not getting onto the towel that will wipe on the car and potentially damage it etc...

Old 05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Lebowski
Burning Brakes

I actually just purchased a can of this and hope to use it on my clearbra this weekend. I unfortunately have some bugs that have had time to set in and I can NOT get them off. I've tried scrubbing them with one of those sponges made for bugs, I've tried the wet dryer sheet thing, I've tried leaving a warm wet towel on the front of the car to losen them up, I've tried the claybar, and none have worked on those damned bugs. I hope I have better luck with the plexus.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:23 PM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Plexus works well on my transparent top.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:35 PM
CoronaL
Pro

Originally Posted by Lebowski
I actually just purchased a can of this and hope to use it on my clearbra this weekend. I unfortunately have some bugs that have had time to set in and I can NOT get them off. I've tried scrubbing them with one of those sponges made for bugs, I've tried the wet dryer sheet thing, I've tried leaving a warm wet towel on the front of the car to losen them up, I've tried the claybar, and none have worked on those damned bugs. I hope I have better luck with the plexus.
clay bar should work with some soap and water allowing the solution to soak on the bugs for a bit. After which the clay bar should work off the bugs. Apply the plexus every day for a week and future cleanings will be alot easier at least in my experience
Old 05-08-2007, 03:31 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I have been using Zaino on my clear bra since 03 when I put it on my Silver Lightning and have not seen any yellowing etc. It is also very durable just like on the paint and bugs just wipe right off.
Old 05-08-2007, 04:31 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

PLexus has been a long standing best seller with us, and works well on all plastics/plexiglass/lexan and even clear bra's. We recently introduced a product in our Diamondite line, called Liquid Armor, which is very similar but should last a little longer between washes. I still like that Plexus is slicker initially, but both are great for headlamps/taillamps also.

Last edited by Killrwheels@Autogeek; 05-11-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:37 PM
CoronaL
Pro

man, wish I would have known this!!!!
I woulda ordered from you. I just googled plexus today b/c my can was running low .
Sorry, will keep you in mind next time!
btw this is a good deal considering the free cobra microfiber towel :O
http://www.autogeek.net/plexplasclea.html
John

Last edited by CoronaL; 05-08-2007 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 05:38 PM
CoronaL
Pro

Originally Posted by agentf1
I have been using Zaino on my clear bra since 03 when I put it on my Silver Lightning and have not seen any yellowing etc. It is also very durable just like on the paint and bugs just wipe right off.
I think it depends on which film the installer uses. I have heard Zaino is good too. I use it on my other cars and the rest of the Z06 and am very happy with it . However, after dropping $1k on a clearbra package, I'm not taking chance and am sticking to the installers recommendations. Plus this Plexus is slick stuff for cleaning up the mask and the bugs.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 PM
CoronaL
Pro

I shot some pics b/c I was bored and the ride home from work produced many bug kills. After chores for wife/kids I got out to garage to clean it off. Maybe sat about 4hrs or so.

Shot a quick movie on my camera which isn't the best quality but you can see how some bugs stick a bit more, while others just wipe off. If I took the time to re-shoot the Plexus onto the stubborn bugs they'd come off a bit easier. Took about 5mins or less, from opening car door to replacing the can behind the seat
BEFORE

AFTER

Store it behind seat!!

DURING LOL
http://home.insightbb.com/~fnpjc/Z06/bugoff.MPG

Last edited by CoronaL; 05-08-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:34 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

I too should have noted, it awesome on tinted windows !!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:16 PM
CoronaL
Pro

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
I too should have noted, it awesome on tinted windows !!
your not partnered with BikeDepot are you????
I got a UPS tracking from Autogeek but ordered from BikeDepot ????
hrm

thx
Old 05-09-2007, 07:45 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by CoronaL
your not partnered with BikeDepot are you????
I got a UPS tracking from Autogeek but ordered from BikeDepot ????
hrm

thx
yes, yes we are ! PBMA owns Pinnacle, Diamonite, DP, Wolfgang Concours lines and sites Bikers Depot, Pinnaclewax, Autogeek, and wolfgangcarcare . We also mass distribute alot of the products we carry on our sites to the smaller detailing resellers.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:52 PM
06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Melting Slicks

Location: Eastern PA:ECS Paxton Novi 1500(676rwhp,585tq on stock engine),LG headers, 410's, Corsa Sports, ECS Alky Kit
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
yes, yes we are ! PBMA owns Pinnacle, Diamonite, DP, Wolfgang Concours lines and sites Bikers Depot, Pinnaclewax, Autogeek, and wolfgangcarcare . We also mass distribute alot of the products we carry on our sites to the smaller detailing resellers.
Just saw this, and just placed my first order with you guys for a 3 pack of Plexus. I hope it works as well as reviewed here for the 3m clear bra. I've heard good stuff about Plexus, and its always good to buy from a forum vendor.
Old 05-11-2007, 03:54 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 06.Z51.MontRed.Vert
Just saw this, and just placed my first order with you guys for a 3 pack of Plexus. I hope it works as well as reviewed here for the 3m clear bra. I've heard good stuff about Plexus, and its always good to buy from a forum vendor.

I think you will be pleased ... I also wanted to note we are releasing our own Plexus type product, but amped up for longer durability. We are offering more with a smaller price tag and hope some of you will try and offer your advice/thoughts.

http://www.autogeek.net/dp-plex-all.html

Get notified of new replies

To Plexus Plastic Cleaner- 2 Thumbs UP from this Vette pilot :)

Quick Reply: Plexus Plastic Cleaner- 2 Thumbs UP from this Vette pilot :)