Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Paint cleaner-Adams,Mothers,Megs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 09:47 AM
pgp
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Paint cleaner-Adams,Mothers,Megs?

This spring I want to clean the paint and do a good detail. I am doing it by hand. (My only option right now) I have some Mothers Clay and I picked up Adams Revive polish, Swirl Haze Remover and Spray glaze. Adams Wax last. Would this work in this order? Do I need another specialized cleaner form Megs or Mothers? Is the spray glaze necessary at this time? Thanks
Old 03-15-2008, 02:05 PM
The Detail Dude
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To clean the paint surface I use the Foundation Formulation from the Detail Dude's Ultimate car care. It seems to provide a deeper clean and remove light swirls, kinda like the Zaino fusion but better.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:59 PM
BJZ51mn6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did my first real detail so I am by no means an expert, but I used Adams products and was very happy with the result. I also used a pc which really helped but doing by hand you should get good results also.

I am sure the experts are going to want to know what condition your paint is in now. That makes a difference.

The order I did was wash, clay, swirl remover & Revive polish, then wax and like I said I was very happy with the results.

Good luck!
Old 03-15-2008, 06:33 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

We also offer two specific paint cleansers (chemical based) , well actually three. Pinnacle, P21S, and Klasse AIO. Please remember these do chemically remove oxidation and some contain light fillers, but nowhere near as valuable as proper polishing with an abrasive polish when needed to remove swirls and light scratches.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:47 PM
pgp
Drifting

The paint is a lighter color, in good shape with minor swirls. It sits outside 24/7. I looked at the videos and thought they were using the two products in place of a cleaner, but a specific cleaner was not mentioned or listed in their store. Since I am doing it by hand, I was thinking a specific cleaner might work better. I have to look again at the videos. Thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 07:41 PM
pgp
Drifting

Thanks, I just need warm and dry weather.

Get notified of new replies

To Paint cleaner-Adams,Mothers,Megs?

Quick Reply: Paint cleaner-Adams,Mothers,Megs?