Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Wolfgang paint polish question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 03:16 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Autogeek.net
That's fine. Just use a soft pad, use light pressure, and work it in REAL good. Keep in mind that polish is designed for machine use only, so you need to rub it in quite a bit to break down the abrasives some.
I keep going back and forth! I think it's best to hold of on the polish until I buy a PC. I'll go ahead and apply the sealant.

Why have some people in the thread referred to the paint polish as swirl remover? Doesn't WG have a separate swirl remover?
Old 08-15-2008, 03:35 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

paint polishes, swirl removers, compounds, and finishing polishes are relate to abrasive pastes used to repair or correct paint. Some are fancy terms to stand out in a crowd, others discuss the degree of abrasiveness.

If you are looking for a light hand polish until you can spring for a buffer (trust me you want one) then consider the new Four Star Spray Polish. It is a spritz and buff till clear product and seems nice for very light polishing and previous wax/sealant removal too.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:45 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Autogeek.net
There is NO point in washing with Dawn. It is not safe for plastics, rubbers, etc and should be left in the kitchen.

As I said, clay will strip any wax and leave the surface clean and smooth for your sealant.

For mild defects, you can get away with a 5.5" orange pad for the TSR, and a 5.5" green pad for FG.

For more severe swirls, swap out that 5.5" orange pad for a 4" yellow pad, and the 5.5" green for a 4" green.
FG, what does that stand for, Final Glaze? Also, what speed on the PC 7424 for TSR and what speed for FG?

I'll be using the Lake country CCS 5.5" pads.

Thanks!

Last edited by 03 Z-oh-6; 08-31-2008 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Wolfgang FG 3.0 (Finishing Glaze) is a light polish like Menzerna Nano. You will want to use it with buffer on highest setting and a light finishing pad. This step jewels the finish.

Quick Reply: Wolfgang paint polish question...