Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Black Hood Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 02:11 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Timbrr
Okay, I will give it a try. Can you tell me who makes these pads and where can I order them?

The pads I use are these:

http://www.topoftheline.com/7durvelpad.html
Old 08-26-2008, 06:49 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by gmblack3
Way too much product my friend. Plus its very hard to finish off with an orange pad.

Start off with a 2'x2' section.

3-4 small pea sized dots of ZPC on the pad with a spritz of Z6.

Spread it onto the area w/ the PC off.

Start at 4 on the PC to work it in a bit.

Speed to 5.5-6, slow passes with pressure on the head of the PC.

As soon as the area looks to have turned clear, stop.

Wipe area and inspect.

Do the same with a white pad.

If you are going to use SIP or 106ff (nano) with a PC, you will have to work each section a long time. Both where made to use with a rotary. They will work, but will take some time to properly break them down. Wipe the areas with a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol/water to ensure what you see is what you get. If the menzerna products are not properly broken down they can sometime fill some defects, especially with a PC.

I think Bryan is right on the money. I have fixed more cars that people use a PC and orange pad on than you could imagine. I DO NOT like the Orange Pad and PC combo. It is a nice pad for a Flex or Rotary but I do not think the PC is capable of removing the micro marring left by that pad on dark finishes. I think novist should stick with a white pad on their pc's until they get more experienced.

On the hard vette clear coat you may need a Flex/stronger machine to resolve this issue. This is typical user error not an issue with ZPC at all. I have done some beautiful finishes with ZPC.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:37 AM
robert123
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Black color + buffer= Problems, Holograms.

Quick Reply: Black Hood Nightmare