Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Anyone Use Honda Spray Cleaner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
MiamiDave
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone Use Honda Spray Cleaner?

Anyone Use Honda Spray Cleaner? I've been using this aerosol spray cleaner on my bikes for years with great results...it goes on real quick, and off with very little fuss and seems to remove most fallout.

It doesn't last long, but I was curious if anyone had used it on their cars?
Old 09-10-2008, 07:26 PM
05vettelag
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i always wondered the same. i use it on my GSXR 1000. makes it glass smooth.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:47 PM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 32 Posts

I take a can along for road trips. Really eats through the bugs and road grime.

In case you didn't know, the original makers of Honda Polish have released the product under their own label. It's supposed to be the exact same formula of the now extinct Honda Polish. If there's a Honda Polish out now, it isn't the good old stuff.

www.originalbikespirits.com
Old 09-11-2008, 05:40 PM
GotChrist?
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started using it this summer on my bikes; (Non-honda'ski). Great stuff. I have a dozen detailer and spray polishes. All work great. I've had a can of the Harley Spray Polish for 4 years. Great stuff.
I was totally against this stuff years ago. My mindset was, water is needed to rinse the scratchy stuff away. That's true, but there are times when the car or bike aren't dirty, just atmosphere dirty and need a sprucing up.

What ever works at the cheapest price wins....though I love change and exploring.

Bought Stoner's Bead and Shine today. Cheap. It says cleaner, polish, and wax, but upon reading the directions it says to remove dirt and dust first. LOL I just did the vette, which was a little dusty. I'll see what it looks like if I pull it out tomorrow for work.

TW Foam Away does great stuff. Cheap as I get it on base for $3.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:44 PM
GotChrist?
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GizmoZ
I take a can along for road trips. Really eats through the bugs and road grime.

In case you didn't know, the original makers of Honda Polish have released the product under their own label. It's supposed to be the exact same formula of the now extinct Honda Polish. If there's a Honda Polish out now, it isn't the good old stuff.

www.originalbikespirits.com
That's not what the non-Honda labeled stuff looks like. My can says "Next Generation......"
Old 09-12-2008, 09:24 AM
GizmoZ
Drifting

Originally Posted by GotChrist?
That's not what the non-Honda labeled stuff looks like. My can says "Next Generation......"
What do you mean non-Honda labled stuff? The Original Bike Spirits is the old Honda Polish is a new can.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:05 PM
GotChrist?
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GizmoZ
What do you mean non-Honda labled stuff? The Original Bike Spirits is the old Honda Polish is a new can.
I mean it's in a different label. Maybe they've redone it again for a 3rd time: Honda, Next Gen, now OBS. On the site you (I think it was you) it said they thought this was the original Honda stuff. The real stuff, the stuff I have, is from the Honda dealer but isn't labeled Honda. It's on the net too, but not sold as OBS.
John
Old 09-12-2008, 07:23 PM
GotChrist?
Burning Brakes

http://www.motoemporium.com/hondapol...ndapolish.html

Here is what the can I have looks like.

John
Old 09-12-2008, 10:02 PM
runutzzzzz
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 30 Posts

I thought I was the only one that uses that stuff! I've got tons of it left from when I owned a honda bike.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:50 AM
GizmoZ
Drifting

MARIETTA, GA, February 1, 2008 – Amrep, Inc. announced today the launch of Original Bike
Spirits™, a motorcycle care line that includes its original formula Spray Cleaner & Polish that Amrep
previously produced on a private label basis for motorcycle manufacturers since 1991. Amrep has
made products for the motorcycle industry for many years and has produced its original Spray Cleaner
and Polish formula under private labels for Pro Honda and Harley Davidson. Amrep's original formula
has been earning trust for decades and is a leader in the motorcycle care product market. To meet
consumer demand for the industry’s best cleaner, Amrep has re-launched its products under the
Original Bike Spirits™ brand. These original Amrep formulas are no longer available under the Pro
Honda and Harley Davidson private labels.
With thousands of miles and trials, Amrep's Spray Cleaner & Polish formula has shown to be
an excellent “Roadside Detailer” that cleans grit, grime and bugs without water. It can also be used on
plastic surfaces for ATVs, street bikes, dirt bikes and boats. Not only does Original Bike Spirits line of
products include its Spray Cleaner & Polish, it also encompasses a line of chain lubes and
contact/brake cleaners.
“The launch of the Original Bike Spirits brand allows us to deliver the formulas and results
that have earned biker loyalty,” remarked Dave Simonson, Executive Vice President of Amrep, Inc.
“The formula and ingredients that go into Original Bike Spirits products will continue to showcase our
reputation for quality and innovation.”

Q: Is the Original Bike Spirits Spray Cleaner & Polish product a new formulation?
A: No. It is the same formulation previously provided by Amrep, under various private label brands, including Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish and Harley Davidson.
Q: What other products does Original Bike Spirits offer?
A: Our line of quality motorcycle products also include; Spray Cleaner & Polish, Contact/Brake Cleaner, Brake Cleaner, Chain Lube, Chain Lube with White Graphite and Carb Cleaner with more Original Bike Spirits to come.
Q: Where can I buy Original Bike Spirits Products?
A: Original Bike Spirits products can be purchased at authorized retail locations. For a location near you, check out Where to Buy.
Q: Is Honda's new Spray Cleaner Polish the same product?
A: Not to our knowledge. Amrep no longer provides this product formulation to Honda and has not authorized Honda to use it.

Last edited by GizmoZ; 09-15-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:52 AM
MiamiDave
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, I use it after the bike/car has been wiped down to pull dust and grit, and then add the polish for further shine. Hmm...
Old 04-11-2013, 09:48 AM
artvette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great for touch ups on billet wheels between polishing
Old 04-20-2013, 12:18 PM
flyinlow427vette
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the old formula, I still have some squirreled away

It is still one of the best cleaners I have used for bug removal, quick polishing, and overall light cleanup.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone Use Honda Spray Cleaner?

Quick Reply: Anyone Use Honda Spray Cleaner?