Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Removing Zaino the following day

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Georgia1974
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Zaino the following day

Any problem associated with applying Z5 in the evening and leaving overnight then removing the next day ?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Darth Xed
Racer

I've done that more than once, and never had a problem.

I believe it even says you can do that on the Zaino website somewhere if I remember right...
Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 PM
Crusher
Just an Ole Surfer Boy
Support Corvetteforum!

NCM Ambassador
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
St. Jude Donor '04-'05-'08-'09-'10-'13-'14

Originally Posted by Georgia1974
Any problem associated with applying Z5 in the evening and leaving overnight then removing the next day ?
Zaino can stay on there for days and not hurt your paint. However, I would not do that. ANY polish/wax that is on your car before removal is not slick. They almost have a sticky feel to them. Therefor, any dust or dirt that lands on your car more then likely sticks to it. Now when you go to remove the polish/wax you will may be scratching your car. I remove the Zaino as soon as it is dry. If you put it on very thin as directed the Zaino should be dry in minutes. It then comes off very easily so no need to wait overnight and no benefit to leaving it on the car any longer then necessary.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:10 PM
mdb917
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Crusher
Zaino can stay on there for days and not hurt your paint. However, I would not do that. ANY polish/wax that is on your car before removal is not slick. They almost have a sticky feel to them. Therefor, any dust or dirt that lands on your car more then likely sticks to it. Now when you go to remove the polish/wax you will may be scratching your car. I remove the Zaino as soon as it is dry. If you put it on very thin as directed the Zaino should be dry in minutes. It then comes off very easily so no need to wait overnight and no benefit to leaving it on the car any longer then necessary.

If the question is whether it can...yes, it certainly can be left on for days. Should it be left on is another question entirely and "Crusher" covered that aspect of it.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:28 PM
steve8
Race Director

Received 924 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by mdb917

If the question is whether it can...yes, it certainly can be left on for days. Should it be left on is another question entirely and "Crusher" covered that aspect of it.

With both posts.
Z comes off so easily it really should not be a time issue, so just remove it the same day.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
KLO
Safety Car

I have many customers who apply Zaino to their garaged cars in the late afternoon and remove it the next day.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:54 AM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have done it a couple of times with no ill effect.

Get notified of new replies

To Removing Zaino the following day

Quick Reply: Removing Zaino the following day