Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Pollen on my car, in my nose.....in my...

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
hbutts1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pollen on my car, in my nose.....in my...

eyes, it is everywhere!!! I live in North Carolina and it is that dreaded time of the year, severe pollen!!!! I have a black Z and i can not even finish washing and wiping down before it is yellow again. Is pollen abrasive and what is the best way to "wipe" away once I am in the garage? Duster, spray and mf towels, or???? If I use a duster and remove the pollen, will it be OK to still use the duster once the pollen has gone from the air? First year with a black car and pollen!!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:02 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,553 Likes on 2,160 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

You guys are a couple of months ahead of us with that nasty yellow pollen. I have always used the California Duster to get rid of that. Just shake it out. As long as your car is well prepped and not dirty that stuff glides right off.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:33 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,928 Likes on 4,810 Posts

I would think the duster would do the trick and follow with detail spray. I just got back from a week of golf in Southern Pines and could not believe the pollen. It really makes a mess on the cars, and as you said just about everywhere.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:19 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

pollen is quite abrasive .... dont use a duster and consider carefully the use of a Detail Spray and thick , soft MF towels versus washing.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:13 PM
hbutts1
Racer

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
pollen is quite abrasive .... dont use a duster and consider carefully the use of a Detail Spray and thick , soft MF towels versus washing.
Thanks, I have been using the water hose to spray off what I can and then QD with soft mf towels. is this better than actually washing with soap and mitt??
Old 04-12-2009, 09:14 PM
hbutts1
Racer

Originally Posted by dvilin
I would think the duster would do the trick and follow with detail spray. I just got back from a week of golf in Southern Pines and could not believe the pollen. It really makes a mess on the cars, and as you said just about everywhere.
I am about an hour from Southern Pines and the "Pine trees" there will overtake you or your golf game!!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Bigstik
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealing with the same situation down here in the ATL area. I washed mine last weekend, and parked her in the garage. After about 2 hours there was a good layer of pollen on her. I was able to get a coat of wax down by then, and now I just hose her down before a drive. Doesn't get rid of everything, but it sure helps. I think we are just going to have to deal with it for the next few months.

Get notified of new replies

To Pollen on my car, in my nose.....in my...

Quick Reply: Pollen on my car, in my nose.....in my...