Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Rejex Shelf Life Questions..

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 09:52 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Rejex Shelf Life Questions..

I bought 2 16oz bottles of Rejex from Skygeeks last year. The bottles have a "air control" green sticker on them with a 5/2010 expiration date. I called Rejex today and was informed that the formula does spoil over time. I also was told keeping it in a hot garage causes it to spoil quicker.My bottles are kept in the house not the garage. They mentioned the formula should be a bright white and and look creamy and not look like curdled milk. I looked at my 2 bottles after shaking and it was creamy but the color was not a bright white more like a slightly off white.After telling him this he said my bottles are "probably ok". What have you experienced with this product? Did your formula spoil over time? Note: The 2 bottles are brand new and never used. I'm switching from wax to Rejex and want to start out on the right foot.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Stan MI
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went out to the garage and checked mine. It looks creamy but kind of off White.

Whats the "air control" label ? The only label I saw was the price tag.

I really like the product, great shine. I'd like to know what the shelf life is and how to check it. If the shine lasts for any great length of time and the product has less than a years shelf life. Looks like I'd be buying a new one every year and throwing out a lot of product. I put two coats on this Spring and didn't hardly take a dent out of the bottle. Thats with putting the first coat on WWWAAAYYY TOOOOO thick.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:14 AM
TOGWT
Melting Slicks

Location: Ponte Vedra Beach / London State: Dazed and confused
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Storage Temperature (Product)
Car care products should not be stored at temperatures below 35 - 40oF, if they freeze they will become unstable and unusable, ideal storage temperature range- 50- 75oF with an average humidity range.

Do not store at temperature extremes 45 – 80.oF as heat will destabilise emulsified products (wax, polymer sealants, polishes, etc) and become unusable, avoid extreme temperature swings as the chemicals will become unstable. Most car care products (including Polymers) will separate and are no longer usable after being subjected to freezing temperatures

Useful Life- Most car care products have a ‘useful life’ of approximately 2-3 years provided they are stored as above. If a product separates, shake contents vigorously for a few minutes
Old 06-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

When I spoke to Rejex I asked them where I could get the most fresh product from and they stated from themselves due to the fact they move lots of product. I have conflicting reports of it's shelf life. On their website they state 2 years and on the phone JD stated 1 year. I ordered 1 new bottle just to be safe and will call JD back again. I'll post what he tells me. The air control label was a label put on by sky geeks. JD said they had a problem with sky geeks being it is stored in a hot garage and spoiling that's why I'm tossing mine and starting over.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Torched
Melting Slicks

Ok got an answer from JD at Rejex. He stated that the 16oz and 12oz bottles have a shelf life of 2 years if kept out of the extreme heat.Keeping the product inside a cool place inside your house is preferred. Extreme heat is the enemy of this product. Example:keeping the product in a hot car trunk or a hot garage during the summer time it will spoil. If you buy the product from Rejex directly it will be no more than 2 or 3 weeks old a fresh batch. He also said they now have a special for 2 12oz bottles on the website if anybody is interested. Hope this helps. Greg

Get notified of new replies

To Rejex Shelf Life Questions..

Quick Reply: Rejex Shelf Life Questions..