Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Is Adam's wax worth it

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:19 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Let me start by saying that I love Adam's products. Their Quick Detailer, Brilliant Glaze, Waterless Wash, All Purpose Cleaner, and Buttery Wax are all my favorite go to products in those categories. I even love their machine polishes and pads.
That being said. I did pick up some of their Americana Paste Wax not long ago and gave it a try. It's pretty good stuff, and I'll use it up, but I don't think I'd buy it again. I still like the Chemical Guys 50/50 Paste wax that I've been using for the last several years a bit better.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:39 PM
Pat Bentley
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used the Americana as well. I did not care very much for it. The Patriot, in my judgment, is in a class by itself.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:12 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

http://www.autogeek.net/carnauba-wax.html

now here is a list of great waxes, and many different price points. A few must-haves are DP Max Wax, Blackfire Midnight Sun, and Pinnacle SSII. Always check out our BOGO section also, as we change products often and not simply close-outs.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:51 AM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Holy old thread!!!

Originally Posted by JVM225
Let me start by saying that I love Adam's products. Their Quick Detailer, Brilliant Glaze, Waterless Wash, All Purpose Cleaner, and Buttery Wax are all my favorite go to products in those categories. I even love their machine polishes and pads.
That being said. I did pick up some of their Americana Paste Wax not long ago and gave it a try. It's pretty good stuff, and I'll use it up, but I don't think I'd buy it again. I still like the Chemical Guys 50/50 Paste wax that I've been using for the last several years a bit better.
Why wouldn't you buy it again? I love constructive criticism, that's how we improve our products!

Originally Posted by Pat Bentley
I used the Americana as well. I did not care very much for it. The Patriot, in my judgment, is in a class by itself.
Indeed, Patriot is in a totally different league. It's a concourse level wax that is other-wordly, and is a relative bargain when compared to some of the other ultra premium waxes on the market.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:34 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Nick@Adams
Holy old thread!!!

Why wouldn't you buy it again? I love constructive criticism, that's how we improve our products!

Indeed, Patriot is in a totally different league. It's a concourse level wax that is other-wordly, and is a relative bargain when compared to some of the other ultra premium waxes on the market.

Like I said in the original post. It's pretty good, but I like the product I've been using the last few years better on my cars.
I get the urge to try new things a bit too often. That's why I have so much stuff in my garage. But hey..... It's my hobby, so I don't mind.
Sometimes I find something better, and sometimes I don't.
I've tried a bunch of your products and have been very impressed. So much so that they are my first choice by far in those categories of products. But I like the other brand paste wax a little better.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:15 PM
Richard@Adams
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Is Adam's Americana Wax worth $69.95?

Originally Posted by halp
Is $69.95 worth it for Adam's paste wax? Most others I see are much cheaper. Has anyone used it and what do you think of it?
There are a lot of fine products mentioned in response to your question. However, Adam's is the one product that was honored with the title Officially Licensed Car Care Product of the Corvette and Camaro.
Adam offers a 110% money back guarantee if you're not satisfied.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:25 PM
PHILLIE PHANATIC
Racer

Received 99 Likes on 50 Posts

I have Adams Products and some Megiuars that I purchased before I found Adams. So far everything that I have from Adams, I love. In the future they will most likely be the only brand that I buy. I will definitely stop by their booth @ Carlisle in a few weeks. I have to laugh at guys who will spend $50,000 for a Vette, and then go to Walmart and buy $10 wax ?
Old 08-01-2013, 07:45 PM
LSnights09
Advanced

Originally Posted by PHILLIE PHANATIC
I have to laugh at guys who will spend $50,000 for a Vette, and then go to Walmart and buy $10 wax ?
See it all the time. I have almost every high end dealership there is in my area including Ferrari, and I see them buying garbage. Stuff is border line floor wax, and their using it on a $500,000 exotic.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:05 AM
envyz06
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I like americana shine, longevity is decent, sheet of water is really good, but to me it is to hard to remove compared to some of my other waxes, but I might let it sit to long
Old 08-02-2013, 07:01 PM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by envyz06
I like americana shine, longevity is decent, sheet of water is really good, but to me it is to hard to remove compared to some of my other waxes, but I might let it sit to long
I found it a bit harder to remove too, and I didn't do anything different with it than with any other paste wax I use. Still a real nice wax though. I just prefer the way another product looks on my cars just a little bit more.
As with most wax, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Some will likely prefer this product to another, and others might prefer it on certain colors. It's very subjective. It's still a good product and worth a shot for someone looking to get something in that price range.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:14 PM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Keep in mind, Americana is a wipe on/wipe off wax. It doesn't haze and there's no need to wait to remove it.

1-2 panels at a time is perfect. Apply and remove, then move on to the next panel/pair of panels.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Pat Bentley
Heel & Toe
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Patriot Wax by Adam's

When will this wax be available on your website? I bought two units in the custom polished aluminum containers but did not see it on the website when I ordered new stuff from you. Also second time I looked for the red and blue applicators and always sold out. Please email me as soon as you get them in stock so I can get them before they sell out again. Hopefully the wax will be available in a cheaper container. At least my wife lets me keep this one in the refrigerator.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:48 PM
larasea
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Keep in mind, Americana is a wipe on/wipe off wax. It doesn't haze and there's no need to wait to remove it.

1-2 panels at a time is perfect. Apply and remove, then move on to the next panel/pair of panels.
Recently, on your recommendation I purchased brilliant glaze and Americana. After an application of brilliant glaze, I applied Americana with no problem. I then waited for a bit and applied a second coat. The second coat was hard to remove. Had to use detail spray on the hood to remove residue. Any recommendations in the future?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Univac 01
1st Gear

Larasea: I spoke with Adam's people yesterday at their booth in Winter Park, Colorado. I bought a can of their wax but haven't tried it yet. Have been using Maguiares for a long time and have had very good luck with it but Adam's looked interesting. As I was paying for my wax, one of their people told me to do only one panel at a time or the wax would be harder to remove, ie. hood, roof panel, etc. Their wax doesn't seem to need a long set up time according to them. Hope this helps. I am also going to Carlisle. Can't wait. PM me if you have any further questions. Bob

Last edited by Univac 01; 08-04-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:53 AM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by larasea
Recently, on your recommendation I purchased brilliant glaze and Americana. After an application of brilliant glaze, I applied Americana with no problem. I then waited for a bit and applied a second coat. The second coat was hard to remove. Had to use detail spray on the hood to remove residue. Any recommendations in the future?
How much time are we talking when you say "a bit?"

Americana layers very nicely, but be sure to lay the second coat on even thinner than the first.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:02 PM
larasea
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Americana

How much time are we talking when you say "a bit?"

Americana layers very nicely, but be sure to lay the second coat on even thinner than the first.
I put the second coat on within an hour of the first. And, now reading additional posts probably left it on too long before removing.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:47 PM
mastergunner
Racer

I have loved Adams since I first came to know them on a Camaro forum. I have used other waxes and products from other manufacturers but Adams is what I use. Like others have said it is purely a personal choice on what you use. I would go on youtube and look at the Junkman videos on paint correction. Great videos and he owns a Vette that he uses in some of his videos.

Get notified of new replies

To Is Adam's wax worth it

Old 08-05-2013, 02:21 PM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

We used Adam's Paint Correcting & Paint Finishing Polish Combo on our beat up finish 94 ZR1. Easy to use and the car came out fantastic !
Old 08-05-2013, 05:12 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Previous owner used Adams products exclusively. This is it after several months and ready for the switch to Zaino. I am a Zaino guy, but I will admit the Adam's products kept this Z looking GREAT!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:57 PM
H&R
Instructor

I personally use Adams products on my cars and believe it "s a great product its really not that expensive of a product compared to others.That being said ADAMS IS MY CHOICE.

Quick Reply: Is Adam's wax worth it