Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

The age old question answered!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:02 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Default The age old question answered!

Well not really. But it does answer this question:
What do different waxes look like on the same car polished the same exact way?

here is the answer:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=79801

As you can see from the pictures (ignore the words) it all looks the same hmm...discuss!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:52 PM
tls630
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why would anyone spend that much time and effort on one of these puddle jumpers??? I agree the finished product looks the same. If I had one of these cars I would wash it on occasion and that would be about it.......
Old 09-30-2009, 07:06 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

different waxes and sealants have some light nuiances that photographs cannot show. Indeed a properly prepped surface is great advice, but there are some differences in products and it comes down to the benefits of the product of your choice and what you see as the end result. No wrong choice ....
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Killrwheels@Autogeek
different waxes and sealants have some light nuiances that photographs cannot show. Indeed a properly prepped surface is great advice, but there are some differences in products and it comes down to the benefits of the product of your choice and what you see as the end result. No wrong choice ....
killrwheels summed it up best...light nuances and no wrong choice...except if the choice is zaino lol jk
Old 09-30-2009, 08:41 PM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tls630
Why would anyone spend that much time and effort on one of these puddle jumpers??? I agree the finished product looks the same. If I had one of these cars I would wash it on occasion and that would be about it.......
the purpose was to see if one wax looks better than another, and in the end not very many people could choose a "best" wax
Old 10-11-2009, 12:36 AM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

I polished the drivers side of my Black F150 with NXT2 and the passanger side with Rejex, been a month now and you can not tell the difference - both in looks and water beeding (have had a lot of rain lately)
Old 10-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Stan MI
Pro

Originally Posted by walker3
I polished the drivers side of my Black F150 with NXT2 and the passanger side with Rejex, been a month now and you can not tell the difference - both in looks and water beeding (have had a lot of rain lately)
I'll be interested as to how they both hold up. I did the Vette with Rejex, it's a garage queen and doesn't see many miles. Two coats lasted most of the Summer. Did the DD with NXT. One layer didn't last two weeks. Your test looks a lot better.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:21 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,928 Likes on 4,810 Posts

Does not surprise me, after viewing many pictures of Vettes done with different waxes or sealants they all look good. You do get the durability debate, but for me it is what goes on easy, leaves no residue is easy to remove, and leaves the the finish with a smooth feel and mirror like look. I will not mention what I use as I would not want to start a whole other debate but it does not cost more than $20.00 and it is great stuff. Thanks for posting the test info, very interesting.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:51 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

Update on the Rejex and NXT test. (not professional just something I wanted to do)
remember driver side is NXT passenger side Rejex
It has been raining evey day for two weeks in Louisiana, so no washing or waxing.

This picture is before washing - just wet the hood to see how it would look, the Rejex side would bead up the NXT did not.

This is after washing the hood and then rinsing off soap
Old 10-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Stan MI
Pro

Two weeks is about all I got with NXT also. That was with just one coat. I now have three coats on the hood of my DD and its been a little over a week. We'll see if it lasts a little longer !

Get notified of new replies

To The age old question answered!

Quick Reply: The age old question answered!