Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Interior Leather Protector

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Vette707
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Interior Leather Protector

I just bought a 2000 Vette in good shape and would like to protect the leather seats and interior. Both are very clean however I would like to keep them from drying out and looking like new. Any suggestions on a great leather protector that does not leave a oilly finish. Tks for your help.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:20 PM
Onyasix
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Zaino's Z-9 spray cleaner to clean leather and vinyl, and Z-10 leather conditioner to rejuvenate leather and vinyl. Neither product leaves a oily feeling. Both products have a leather scent which I like.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:16 PM
easyrider13
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been using Lexol for years with good results.
It is highly recommended by those who regularly work with leather.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:50 PM
0Detailed Image
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I clean and condition the seats with the Leatherique Prestine Clean - 16 oz and Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil - 16 oz. They do an excellent job of nourishing the leather and leaving it totally matte when you are done (NO Oil or Greasy feel).

For protection I really like the 303 Aerospace Protectant - 16 oz or the Optimum (OPT) Protectant Plus - 17 oz. If you want the most matte finish I would suggest the Optimum Protectant Plus. It can be used on the leather, vinyl, plastic, rubber and more. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Greg @ DI
Old 10-22-2009, 05:55 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

I prefer a product designed specifically for coated (often called Finished) Leather as used in the Vette and almost all automotive settings. Einszett designs their product specifically for this setting with no heavy scent or glossy appearance. I will look and feel new and clean with a light matte appearance for years to come.

http://www.autogeek.net/1z-einszett-leather-care.html

We also carry great choices from Poorboys, Lexol, Connollys, Leatherque, Pinnacle, 303 and many more all with forum discount.

http://www.autogeek.net/leathercare.html

Get notified of new replies

To Interior Leather Protector

Quick Reply: Interior Leather Protector