Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Wax Opinion (a little long)

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Michelle Day
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wax Opinion (a little long)

It's been around awhile, but its the first time I've ever used it.

Zymol Liquid Cleaner Wax. My husband bought me some from O'Reilly/Checker Auto. We waxed my vette with it on Memorial Day.

It is very easy to use. You wipe it off before it completely dries to a haze, then you llightly spray some water on the area and wipe it off with a clean rag. The shine was amazing. The swirl marks I had disappeared also.

I don't typically drive my vette when it is supposed to rain, but as usual the Utah weather forecasters called it all wrong yesterday. It was pouring down when I left work to come home. It was the first time I've driven my vette in the rain. (need new pedals? my feet kept slipping off the clutch and brake)

The Zymol wax beaded up beautifully, but the amazing part is this, this morning when I went go to work, it didn't have a single water spot on it anywhere! It looked like it had never even been in the rain!

I was impressed! Recommend you try it.

(Of course I didn't drive the vette today - it was raining when I left - drove the '95 cadillac - vette is parked in the garage)

Product Description: Zymol Liquid Cleaner Wax is an easy to apply cleaner and polish containing nature’s most effective and expensive ingredients. This dual action, non solvent (based), all natural formula cleans and protects in one simple step. Liquid Cleaner Wax will remove minor scratches and oxidation. A combination of Kaolin Clays from Africa and gentle Almond Meal from California provide a safe and effective cleaning action for your car without abrasion. Pure Beeswax provides a water repellent finish.

This is just my opinion that I thought I'd share.

(if I mispelled any words, its because I've been at work since 0400)

Have a Great Day!
Michelle
Old 06-10-2010, 11:17 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

If you are looking for a good quick spray to enhance the look between wax sessions, I might suggest you consider trying Finishkare 425, Optimum Quick Detail/Gloss Enhancer, or Pinnacles Crystal Mist after each washing. It will keep the fresh just waxed look alive and completely compatible with your favorite wax.

http://www.autogeek.net/quickdetail.html

As Mike Phillips offers , Use What You Like, and Use it Often !
Old 06-10-2010, 11:18 AM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a very nice review. I originally bought some Zymol Cleaner/Wax for my motorcycle back in 2005 because it used to show a lot of swirl marks. The Zymol Wax did a nice job of fillilng them in but I found that the effect didn't last tool long.

The wax itself gets a lot of flax since it is not a Zymol product but made by Turtle Wax (if anybody remembers that whole debacle) and it can stain trim, but at the time it really was once of the nicest OTC waxes I have ever used, and I LOVE the way it smells.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:50 AM
blackmachdown
Melting Slicks

Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteLover1997
It's been around awhile, but its the first time I've ever used it.

Zymol Liquid Cleaner Wax. My husband bought me some from O'Reilly/Checker Auto. We waxed my vette with it on Memorial Day.

It is very easy to use. You wipe it off before it completely dries to a haze, then you llightly spray some water on the area and wipe it off with a clean rag. The shine was amazing. The swirl marks I had disappeared also.

I don't typically drive my vette when it is supposed to rain, but as usual the Utah weather forecasters called it all wrong yesterday. It was pouring down when I left work to come home. It was the first time I've driven my vette in the rain. (need new pedals? my feet kept slipping off the clutch and brake)

The Zymol wax beaded up beautifully, but the amazing part is this, this morning when I went go to work, it didn't have a single water spot on it anywhere! It looked like it had never even been in the rain!

I was impressed! Recommend you try it.

(Of course I didn't drive the vette today - it was raining when I left - drove the '95 cadillac - vette is parked in the garage)

Product Description: Zymol Liquid Cleaner Wax is an easy to apply cleaner and polish containing nature’s most effective and expensive ingredients. This dual action, non solvent (based), all natural formula cleans and protects in one simple step. Liquid Cleaner Wax will remove minor scratches and oxidation. A combination of Kaolin Clays from Africa and gentle Almond Meal from California provide a safe and effective cleaning action for your car without abrasion. Pure Beeswax provides a water repellent finish.

This is just my opinion that I thought I'd share.

(if I mispelled any words, its because I've been at work since 0400)

Have a Great Day!
Michelle
glad to hear you liked it soo much

I too use a zymol wax but its a wee bit more expensive than the cleanerwax

Get notified of new replies

To Wax Opinion (a little long)

Quick Reply: Wax Opinion (a little long)