Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Useing NXT polish

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 04:31 PM
TPI BOY
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Useing NXT polish

Do you put a coat of wax over it
Old 07-31-2010, 07:39 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

NXT and NXT 2.0 are synthetic waxes and work just like sealants. Once they are cured properly usually 12-24 hours later you can top with a pure carnauba wax as desired. I might also suggest you consider using their spray wax booster product over it for enhanced durability if you like the look of NXT itself.

http://www.autogeek.net/mg12824.html
Old 07-31-2010, 08:49 PM
0TH0001@properautocare.com
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TPI BOY
Do you put a coat of wax over it
You don't have to put a coat of wax over it, but you can.

NXT 2.0 is a really nice sealant (synthetic wax) that can be picked up in a store. It smells great, looks very nice, and has decent durability. You will probably want to reapply every 3 months or so.

A couple of tips about applying NXT. If you live in a very humid or cool environment make sure that you apply it very thinly and give it ample time to cure. If you live in a warmer or dry climate it very easy to use. Meguiar's recommends letting NXT dry to a complete haze prior to removal.

Regardless of your environment you check this by swiping your finger across the hazed wax. If it wipes away completely it is ready for removal, if it smears and streaks, give it more time to dry.

If you would like to apply wax over sealant, two that I have used an absolutely loved the look of is P21s Concours or Blackfire Midnight Sun, batch 24.

P21s Concours is a little brighter looking, which would be ideal if your Corvette was a lighter tone like silver.

Blackfire Midnight Sun is a very high carnauba content wax that is also has a small amount of polymers (which should let it bond to the NXT better) in it. It will create a deeper, more wet shine on blacks, reds, and blues, and to a lesser degree yellows.

If you would like to stay with a wax in the Meguiar's line, then it is is going to be hard to beat M26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax. This has been a show car favorite amongst Megiuar's show car fans for a long time and for good reason. It is more affordable then the other offerings and many people would argue that it looks just as it good.

However I would start with two coats of NXT first, a couple of hours apart and see how you like the finish you laid down before jumping into a wax.

We also carry a complete line of Meguiar's products, including their professional (Mirro Glaze) and detailer lines as well as the popular consumer lines. With the current promotion, in which you recieve free shipping at $29.00 plus in addtion to your forum discount: 10% off by entering corvette10 in the check out, and the additional10% off on Meguiar's, it might be a great time to stock up any Meg's products you have wanted to try with out having to go to the store!
Old 08-01-2010, 10:52 AM
KneeDragr
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use it on both my DD and my Corvette.

I apply it to the whole car, wait 30-60 minutes, then buff off. 24 hours later I use a carnuba spray, which I re-apply after washes.

Get notified of new replies

To Useing NXT polish

Quick Reply: Useing NXT polish