Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Meguiar's NXT 2.0 question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 12:09 PM
NJLS708
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Meguiar's NXT 2.0 question

I am having an issue with Meguiar's NXT 2.0 wax. I was waxing my g/f's car yesterday with it and for some reason the wax would be very difficult to remove. For the most part it would come right off but in certain sections it would leave streaks in the paint that were very difficult to get out. Maybe its because her car was older (2000 Honda Accord) and it has older paint. Also it didn't look like it had much clearcoat if any left on the paint. I have used this product on my 08 Z06 with zero issues but for some reason her car is just a real b*tch. Any thoughts?
Old 11-14-2010, 02:53 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

NXT and NXT2.0 have a very light cleaner in them that is really to help prep surface to bond/cure. It should still be added in a very thin even coat, but as noted is usually quite forgiving in over application. I suspect your challenge is correct in that her paint was the issue. It could also need a dedicated paint cleanser or machine polishing first to prep for this synthetic wax.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:23 PM
NJLS708
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the response. One other question.... How long should the NXT 2.0 be left to dry before removing?
Old 11-14-2010, 05:31 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by NJLS708
Thanks for the response. One other question.... How long should the NXT 2.0 be left to dry before removing?
You can allow it 15 minutes or longer as possible. Humid environments can see additional time.

I highly suggest using the Spray Wax version between coats as the main challenge with NXT is durability. If you use the NXT soap it helps too as not designed to strip it.

http://www.autogeek.net/menxtge.html

Get notified of new replies

To Meguiar's NXT 2.0 question

Quick Reply: Meguiar's NXT 2.0 question