Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

DuPont cleaning products and wax suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 07:21 PM
NONO5.0

Default DuPont cleaning products and wax suggestions

I did a search, but didn't really find anything on this, but has anyone tried any of the DuPont cleaning products? I've been using the Maquire's spray on wax for QUITE awhile now, and I like it but would like to get a better shine. I work for DuPont (not the cleaning plant though) and was thinkin of tryin the DuPont wax. What wax do you use on your C5?
Old 05-27-2006, 10:04 PM
lionfan90
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for DuPont as well, and I have to say, do not buy the car wax with Teflon. I have a black 01 and had a heck of a time trying to get the stuff off cleanly. I just couldn't get it off. I finally had to strip it off by washing the car with diswashing detergent. Then I went back to my Zymol.

Just to make sure, I tried it on my other vehicles and had the same results. Granted, they are both dark colors (dark blue and dark green).

Sorry, Uncle Dupie, you make some fine products, but not car wax. If anyone wants to by a slightly used bottle, I'll sell it to the highest bidder.....
Old 05-27-2006, 10:34 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

If you want to use store bought materials, consider the Mothers Reflections line. If you prefer boutique products consider Pinnacle, P21S, and Clearkote.

www.autogeek.net
type "corvetteforum" in the couponbox at checkout to save an additional 10% off most every purchase.
Old 05-27-2006, 11:07 PM
TomBoy
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I actually had good results with the DuPont Wax liquid black bottle. I have a MSG and I donot know for sure if that would make a difference in results or not. I never had any problem getting it off once put on, hazed over, and then hand buffed off. In fact, it was one of the easiest I have ever used. My husband has used it on his Harley and loved it. Bugs come right off. When you rewax your car, you should use Dawn dishwashing liquid to wash your car. It removes all the old wax. You should not keep layering wax all the time. Depending on what you have underneath and put on top, it may not do well together. I have tried a ton of different things from having my Detail business as a side job. I like to always try new. Zaino to me was never worth the trouble and expense. I am going to try the Turtle Wax Ice for something new next time.
Laurie
Old 05-28-2006, 08:22 AM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 401 Likes on 282 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

I work for Dupont also. Have not tried any of the Dupont polishes as of yet. The one I really liked was Raindance. Used it back in the 80's. I think they sold it off to Borden.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:12 PM
jabez
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried it once. It was kinda hard to remove . I guess once you use Rejex, Zaino, and Pinnacle everything seems harder to remove .
To me its similiar to Black Magic, cheap and nothing special. But its better than nothing on your car.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Like dem Vettes
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use Meguiars #21 sealant. It has a good shine and lasts a long time. You can apply multiple coats as long as you wait eight hours between coats to allow the product to cure. You can also apply carnauba wax for a deeper shine after the #21 cures.

Get notified of new replies

To DuPont cleaning products and wax suggestions

Quick Reply: DuPont cleaning products and wax suggestions