Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Best Sealant/Wax combo. Lets see some pics.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 02:50 PM
2sillystangs
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or is there just a really good Nuba wax that I should use? I currently use Meguires Gold Class paste wax cause they really don't see any bad weather at all and they look and feel great.
Thanks guys
Dan
Old 07-24-2011, 06:50 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by 2sillystangs
Hey guys, I'm really impressed how good all of these cars look with a sealant. I've been doing some research and watched a couple autogeek YouTube videos and I think I'm sold on a good sealant for my cars. My question to you guys, is there a good all around sealant for a variety of colors?? Don't get mad with the mustangs lol these are the cars I have:
1968 Tungsten Grey Camaro driven to carshows nd 8.50 index on 10.5W
2004 Mystichrome Cobra driven about 150 miles a year
2008 Grabber Orange GT500 driven about 100 miles a year
And the real reason why I'm on this forum: =)
2011 Supersonic Blue Carbon Limited Edition Z06 which will probably going to be driven about 100 miles a year.
All the cars sit in a garage under car cover but Im just a fanatic and just want the best for the cars
The best way to make your car shine is to polish (machine) paint first removing marring and swirls, and any contamination and oxidation. You can then move to any number of waxes or sealants (synthetic waxes) to protect and perhaps enhance a bit. Our Wolfgang Sealant, Rejex, and others like Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection (my personal fav) will look good on all colors and really have you smiling. Best part they all are quite easy to apply and remove, just remember thin and even coats.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:30 AM
2sillystangs
Advanced

Thanks for the advice, The cars are pretty much still brand new, Is there anyway I can skip the wheeling/polishing cause I'm scared I'm gonna do something to the paint lol. Also if I go with a sealant, will i have to strip all the wax off first??
Old 07-25-2011, 09:00 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 2sillystangs
Thanks for the advice, The cars are pretty much still brand new, Is there anyway I can skip the wheeling/polishing cause I'm scared I'm gonna do something to the paint lol. Also if I go with a sealant, will i have to strip all the wax off first??
you should not be scared to polish paint. There are light polishes (finishing) and light pads to help amplify gloss and reflection even on well cared for paint. If you choose not to use this step currently, then I highly suggest a paint cleansing lotion. This will remove old waxes and any contaminents chemically and prep for new wax or sealant. Its simply a wipe on and off deal, and Pinnacle Paintwork and P21S GEPC are two that are easy and considered best of best.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:12 AM
2sillystangs
Advanced

Wow thanks!!
Old 09-04-2011, 12:56 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Freshly clayed, 2 coats of Zaino Z5, and topped with buttery smooth Pinnacle Souveran. Minty fresh

Raw unedited iPhone pics.

Old 09-04-2011, 05:41 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

another Pinnacle of finishes !

Quick Reply: Best Sealant/Wax combo. Lets see some pics.