Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Just asking.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 06:01 PM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Just asking.....

As most of you know, I am a diehard Zaino use. However, just to give me something to do and read, I have been reading and watching videos of the Pinnacle’s line of products. Mostly; Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish, and the Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax.

Here is what I would like to have a better understanding. My vette is a 05 dark burgundy color. I understand the use and prices of the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover, followed by polishing with Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish, still slight higher than what I have been using with Zaino’s, and the prices is not the issue, but what gets me is or a better question is, of the products: Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax-$95.00 and the Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax - $49.99, of these two, would I get a greater shine if I used the $95.00 product than if I used the $49.99 product? Or would I get the same results? What is the greatest quality difference of these two products that would pursue me to buy one over the other? I would use my Porter Cable to apply, per all the readings I have done with the appropriate pads.

Finally, which would be the best overall detail spray that I would use after application of these products and use as a weekly detail spray for maintenance?
Old 11-08-2011, 07:40 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

Pinnacle Souveran is one of my favorite carnauba waxes, especially on black, but IMO, the polishes leave a lot to be desired. I *much* prefer Menzerna polishes.

With your car being metallic, you might appreciate Siganture Series II a little more. It tends to accentuate metallic more than Souveran.

Last edited by ZaneO; 11-08-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:44 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Grab Menzerna (SIP and 085rd) or Wolfgang TSR and FG polishes. This will remove any marring and also bring out additional gloss and reflection. Because your car is metallic, move to Pinnacles SSII Paste Wax. (Wolfgang Fuzion is another worthy choice). You will be very happy with results and polishes listed above just seem to work better with the Vettes harder coating.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Kotsios
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Menzerna 85rd excellent finishing polish also for wax go with the Fuzion. As far as a detail spray, duragloss 921 very similiar to z6. You can find it at carquest auto parts.

Last edited by Kotsios; 11-09-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:57 AM
c6vetteinhouston
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the replies, but the main point of my threat is:

Of these two products, Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax-$95.00 and the Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax - $49.99, would I get a greater shine if I used the $95.00 product than if I used the $49.99 product? Or would I get the same results? What is the greatest quality difference of these two products that would pursue me to buy one over the other?

Also, my vette is a 05 dark burgundy color, not metallic.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:53 PM
ZaneO
Safety Car

Received 28 Likes on 5 Posts

On a properly prepped finish, the differences between various waxes and sealants is very small - maybe 5%, so it comes down most to personal preference. No one can really answer that for you. If it were me, I might look into trying Pinnacle Sig II and something like P21S 100%.

Like I said, it's all trial and error, so nobody can say for sure.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:13 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by c6vetteinhouston
Thanks for the replies, but the main point of my threat is:

Of these two products, Pinnacle Souverän™ Carnauba Paste Wax-$95.00 and the Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnauba Paste Wax - $49.99, would I get a greater shine if I used the $95.00 product than if I used the $49.99 product? Or would I get the same results? What is the greatest quality difference of these two products that would pursue me to buy one over the other?

Also, my vette is a 05 dark burgundy color, not metallic.
Souveran Paste was designed for flat blacks, reds, and yellows. It is extremely wet looking with high depth. It does not however have the polymers to amplify metallic paints. Pinnacle SSII does and a better option , not because of price but because of outcome, and Wolfgang Fuzion is also recommended as it will offer alot of value but at a bigger initial price and also has polymers that not only enhance durability but all paint colors.

Get notified of new replies

To Just asking.....

Quick Reply: Just asking.....