Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

1st clay/wax on new VY Coupe (Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax® 2.0)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 01:29 PM
ip-do-tan
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 1st clay/wax on new VY Coupe (Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax® 2.0)

I'm going to have my new Coupe (Velocity Yellow) clayed and waxed next week. The wax I've chosen & purchased is Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax® 2.0

Question: can someone who has used this wax recommend a spray detailer that can/should be used after washes and between waxing periods?

Old 08-04-2012, 11:28 PM
ip-do-tan
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 08-05-2012, 10:01 AM
CasualGuy
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use the Tech Wax 2.0 on my Velocity Yellow coupe as well. The Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer is designed to work in conjunction with their Tech Wax and Ultimate Polish, and I find that it works very well in between washes and waxes.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:17 AM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by ip-do-tan
I'm going to have my new Coupe (Velocity Yellow) clayed and waxed next week. The wax I've chosen & purchased is Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax® 2.0

Question: can someone who has used this wax recommend a spray detailer that can/should be used after washes and between waxing periods?

NXT looks great and is a good product to use, its main complaint is durability which can be boosted by using the NXT Spray Wax and Speed Detailer products. You should also use their NXT soap if you can get some which wont remove it.

http://www.autogeek.net/menxtge.html

Good thing, many quick detailers like FinishKare 425 and Optimum Spray Wax work extremely well with NXT 2.0 and can add to the durability, looks, and finish. Megs also makes a great product in the Professional Line called Final Inspection.

http://www.autogeek.net/meg34finin.html
Old 08-05-2012, 10:19 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,936 Likes on 4,815 Posts

The Meqs detail spray will do the trick for you. Plenty of others out there but Meqs is among the best.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:36 PM
cadguymark
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ip-do-tan

I talked to the Meguair's guy at Car Craft Nationals, I had switched from using Zaino to NXT 2.0 and was wondering the same thing, he suggested their Ultimate Quick Detailer or even their Quick Detailer. The difference is that the Quick Detailer has no UV protection, each "step up" from their bottom QD adds something, so any can be used, just depends on your wants and needs.

Get notified of new replies

To 1st clay/wax on new VY Coupe (Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax® 2.0)

Quick Reply: 1st clay/wax on new VY Coupe (Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax® 2.0)