Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Rejex Advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 12:01 PM
jdk541
Safety Car

Received 606 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22-'23

Default Rejex Advice

So I just jumped into the world of Rejex this morning. I have to say I am really impressed.

I washed the car. Did the whole clay-bar routine. Then washed the car again, dried completely and then applied a thin layer of Rejex over all the painted surfaces. Waited 15 minutes and buffed off the white haze that formed.

Looks and feels amazing. But here is my question for those of you who are Rejex veterans. What other processes have you found to get the most out of this product? How often do you apply more layers? I have heard the more layers the better it looks and protects. What about putting a wax over the top of the Rejex? Good idea or bad? Up until this point I have just been using a paste Carnauba Wax by Mothers.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:37 PM
0Killrwheels@Autogeek
Former Vendor

Received 242 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by jdk541
So I just jumped into the world of Rejex this morning. I have to say I am really impressed.

I washed the car. Did the whole clay-bar routine. Then washed the car again, dried completely and then applied a thin layer of Rejex over all the painted surfaces. Waited 15 minutes and buffed off the white haze that formed.

Looks and feels amazing. But here is my question for those of you who are Rejex veterans. What other processes have you found to get the most out of this product? How often do you apply more layers? I have heard the more layers the better it looks and protects. What about putting a wax over the top of the Rejex? Good idea or bad? Up until this point I have just been using a paste Carnauba Wax by Mothers.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I would allow 8-24 hours for Rejex to fully cure before deciding on any other course of action. (often times it fully cured in 8 hours depending on environment). You could then add a second coat which might add to durability a bit. Anything more and you likely are just wasting product and time. I find two coats of anything is perfect to make sure all is protected and up to the elements.

Some individuals miss the look of a wax (carnauba) versus a sealant. They top the sealant of choice with the wax for looks. You do need to be careful that the wax contains no polishes or abrasives if going this route as it could work against the durability you built by using the sealant. In the end its purely personal outcome and looks.

I know of a couple Rejex users that mixed up some of their waterless wash and use it as a detail spray. They suggest it looks like a wax and compatible with Rejex.

http://www.autogeek.net/xtreme-finish-16oz.html

Quick Reply: Rejex Advice