Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

How often can you apply wax?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2002, 02:17 PM
FlyboyZR1
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Default How often can you apply wax?

I recently waxed the car with Meguiar's Gold Class paste. The car looks great, but unfortunately there are swirl marks because I waxed the car in a circular motion. I'm thinking of using some swirl mark remover, and then rewaxing w/gold class liquid wax in a NON-circular motion! Am I good to go? or do you have to wait a certain amount of time before waxing again?
Old 07-03-2002, 02:54 PM
mhaber
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: How often can you apply wax? (FlyboyZR1)

Most products with polymers tell you how long to let the wax sit on the car or how long after you remove it to let it cure before adding another coat. I don't recall Gold Class saying anything on the label about this so you are probably good to go. I also don't know if Gold Class has any fillers in it to improve your swirl marks, so additional coats may do little or nothing to improve things. Products with fillers often take many coats to notice a difference. You may just want to do one-half of the hood many times to see if it makes a difference.
Old 07-03-2002, 02:56 PM
FlyboyZR1
Drifting

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Re: How often can you apply wax? (mhaber)

Which swirl mark remover would you recommend? The car isn't covered with swirl marks, but if you look at the right angle you can see a few here and there.
Old 07-03-2002, 03:07 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which swirl mark remover would you recommend? The car isn't covered with swirl marks, but if you look at the right angle you can see a few here and there.
3M Swirl Mark Remover part number 39009, your first question is kind of a moot point anyway as when you use the abrasive swirl mark remover it will totally remove the Gold Class from the paint anyway making you have re wax with Gold Class when done. Gold Class is a cleaner wax also, it will only be able to add one coat, each successive coats of Gold Class will remove the prior.

[Modified by KLO, 1:07 PM 7/3/2002]
Old 07-04-2002, 12:56 PM
C5 StockSwap
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In V Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

All depends on how fast you can remove wax :smash:

Get notified of new replies

To How often can you apply wax?

Quick Reply: How often can you apply wax?