Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

SUPER GLAZE (wax shop) vs. ZAINO ????

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 07:06 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 177 Posts

Default SUPER GLAZE (wax shop) vs. ZAINO ????

Been using Wax Shop products (super glaze, safe cut, etc.) for sometime with satisfactory results. Has anyone used the Wax Shop stuff, and switched to Zaino. I have read the Zaino promo material on-line, but I am looking for some experienced feed-back. :confused: :seeya :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Old 08-10-2002, 07:45 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: SUPER GLAZE (wax shop) vs. ZAINO ???? (oldman)

I used Wax Shop Super Glaze a long time ago, it is a high oil content carnauba wax that is very thin like water in the bottle. Super Glaze has no durability and is gone at the first wash. Super Glaze is also a cleaner wax and smells very strong. Super glaze will remove tar and many types of paint deposits. Zaino contains zero cleaners and is a synthetic paint product. Zaino and Super Glaze are apples and oranges, they can not be compared.
Old 08-10-2002, 07:59 PM
don hall
Safety Car

Received 224 Likes on 177 Posts

Default Re: SUPER GLAZE (KLO)

Thanks for a "professional" response, Kevin. After switching to Zaino (the order form has been downloaded) how do you recommend that I apply, and buff the Z-5 polish (swirls, etc.),
in a straight line motion, or in circles? For some reason, I feel I am in good hands.
Old 08-10-2002, 08:59 PM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,769 Likes on 970 Posts

Default Re: SUPER GLAZE (oldman)

You want to apply Zaino in the direction from bumper to bumper, and on the side up and down, that will work the best rather than a circular motion. :)
Old 08-10-2002, 10:01 PM
KLO
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: SUPER GLAZE (oldman)

As Carl said, go back and forth from front to back and go up and down (vertical) strokes on the sides. You will need either Z-1 or ZFX and Z-5 for a basic Z-5 application. Also, using the Z-18 clay before use of Zaino polish is always a good thing unless you have your own clay now. And using Z-6 and Z-7 will help prolong the effectiveness of the polish.

There are several California Zaino distributors and if you can do Pay Pal most distributors accept that form of payment so you do not have to mail a check.

Get notified of new replies

To SUPER GLAZE (wax shop) vs. ZAINO ????

Quick Reply: SUPER GLAZE (wax shop) vs. ZAINO ????