Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Using Zaino on top of other brands' polishes and swirl removers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 05:01 PM
tampatopless
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Using Zaino on top of other brands' polishes and swirl removers

Long-time Zaino user here. However, I've just started to get into paint correction and would like to use some other brands' polishes and swirl removers instead of Zaino. I know Zaino has those, but I just prefer other brands. But man, I love those Zaino sealants.

I know that Zaino always likes to layer its products on top of each other, even to the point of removing all other sealants and waxes with a Dawn wash.

Has anyone used Menzerna or Adams or Meg's polishes and then started stacking the Z2 and Z5 on top of it? Or do those Zaino sealants have to bond directly to the clearcoat and paint? Or will they work just as well after other polishes are on there?

I don't mind washing after I use other polishes, but I would rather not have to take that step if I don't have to.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:50 PM
WIC7Diver
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Zanio sealant with Adams Americana looks amazing together. Did a friends Cyanne and the guy he sold it to couldn't stop talking about it.
Old 06-20-2017, 12:06 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 134 Likes on 114 Posts

I used Zaino a lot but for the last 5+ years now I move onto different products. With that said, I still use Zaino Clear Seal. I have used it in combination with Meguiars, Adams, Mothers, etc and it always works out great. I also use ZCS by itself after a quick wash just to give it that little “extra”.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:19 PM
hb4lthr
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tampatopless
Long-time Zaino user here. However, I've just started to get into paint correction and would like to use some other brands' polishes and swirl removers instead of Zaino. I know Zaino has those, but I just prefer other brands. But man, I love those Zaino sealants.

I know that Zaino always likes to layer its products on top of each other, even to the point of removing all other sealants and waxes with a Dawn wash.

Has anyone used Menzerna or Adams or Meg's polishes and then started stacking the Z2 and Z5 on top of it? Or do those Zaino sealants have to bond directly to the clearcoat and paint? Or will they work just as well after other polishes are on there?

I don't mind washing after I use other polishes, but I would rather not have to take that step if I don't have to.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
The only real paint correction product in the Zaino family is PC and I have found it pretty ineffective at correcting serious swirls. I have used both Menzerna and Meguiars Ultimate Compound to correct the paint prior to a Zaino application. However, the paint correction generated so much dust, I was forced to wash the car prior to applying Zaino. Good luck

Get notified of new replies

To Using Zaino on top of other brands' polishes and swirl removers

Quick Reply: Using Zaino on top of other brands' polishes and swirl removers