Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Nanoskin sponge great results

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Usmc041127
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Nanoskin sponge great results

Tonight I spent 2 hrs doing the front clip on my c6. I did it like I'd do sandpaper medium then the fine. I believe the fine may be an over kill. I must say I am impressed. Before I started, the car was washed. I looked it over and thought it looked pretty good maybe a 7 out of 10. Then I got up close and personal feeling the texture noticing all the grit. I started with a fender and watched every inch as I went over each body panel on front clip. You really see all the small spots or dots embedded in the clear coat. The medium took out everything. For good measure I went over everything with the fine. I honestly believe it was overkill. After I sponged each panel I rinsed it off with a water filled weed sprayer. Tomorrow I plan on doing the rest of the car in the morning, rinsing it down, drying, and applying carnuba wax. My car is yellow so it was easy to spot the dots in the finish. I always thought it looked pretty nice until I got 8 inches away from it working on it. All its dirty little secrets showed up. I haven't done the clay bar. Researched a decided to go with the nanoskin sponge rout. Can't say enough good about it. Can't tell you how shocked I am at all the defects I found on a my car. I sort of thought the dealership made cars look there best on the lot. I just bought it 3 weeks ago and have only put 100 miles of city driving on it in nice weather.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:13 AM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

i'm glad you used sponge instead of clay . thanks for the update . . peace
The following users liked this post:
Usmc041127 (09-04-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Boomer111
Race Director

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

I got away with using the fine sponge, left no marks either.. But the car is garaged always and not a DD.

The great thing about the Nano sponge is no needing required and if dropped just a simple rinse well do.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:44 AM
Usmc041127
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

I just finished it this morning. Did every inch. I had trouble getting in the side marker lenses spots and that small spot above the mirrors. And of course there just had to be a spot in those locations. I dropped my sponges probably 10 times. Definitely happy with the result. Perhaps I'm a little to obsessive compulsive. It turned out great. I see the trouble spots on the grandports prone to chips. The worst of mine is around the vents for the brake ducts. Not much I can do with that but clean everything. Right now it's at the carwash being heavy rinsed and spot free rinse. When the ol lady gets back with it I will dry it let it cool back down and apply the carnuba. That will probably be it for today as its starting to warm up.

Get notified of new replies

To Nanoskin sponge great results

Quick Reply: Nanoskin sponge great results