Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Centennial Edition

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 07:46 PM
PAYOU944
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Default Centennial Edition

I just got a 2012 Grand Sport CE and I want to know the best way that you clean and polish your carbon flash body and your stripes with the steps, the type of product.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:50 AM
The boss
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by PAYOU944
I just got a 2012 Grand Sport CE and I want to know the best way that you clean and polish your carbon flash body and your stripes with the steps, the type of product.
Hi. I have a CE ZR1 and since the car is new, I have always use the C Magic wax products, www.cmagicwax.com They are water base and the NCM is also using there product (as well as Adam's product). I have emailed most of detailing companies and they where the only one who assured me their products where safe on vinyl stripes. To make sure at that moment, I called them (C Magic) and spoke with owner (Kermit), He can answer all your questions. Not only great products but also great peoples

I tried so many products over the years and these are the easiest one to use, smell great and affordable. I am sure there is other product that last longer but I always do it at least 3 times a years so its fine with me.

I always do clay bar, buff swirls if there are any, wash the car again then a coat of wax. During the seasons, I always dry the car using detail wax as a drying agent. I just bought the new Radiant coating but didn't try it yet as the car in under the car cover for the winter.

I am also using their wash, as Kermit told me, help keep the wax on the car.

PS: DO NOT USE CLAY BAR ON STRIPPES, I may sratch them

Have fun

Last edited by The boss; 02-24-2018 at 11:55 AM.
The following users liked this post:
PAYOU944 (02-24-2018)

Quick Reply: Centennial Edition