Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

IGL Coatings

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 02:01 PM
jdk541
Safety Car

Received 606 Likes on 291 Posts
St. Jude Donor '22-'23

Default IGL Coatings

Yesterday I had my paint corrected by my detailers here and we discussed getting some additional protection applied to my 2011 Grand Sport. It looks like her preferred product is IGL Coatings. Before I make the investment, I wanted to do some research on where this product ranks in the whole world of protective coatings.

Any feedback from those of you with positive or negative experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-08-2018, 08:15 PM
ronkh57
Burning Brakes

Received 250 Likes on 220 Posts

Direct experience = none

A bunch of guys (whom I respect) on autogeek & autopia are using it and swear by it.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:09 PM
BudgetPlan1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,033 Likes on 609 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10

It seems to be one of the more raved about coating products in the last few months, although most of the raving is done by folks who used it as, well, they are the only ones who *can* use it. Doesn't diminish the product any, just makes it hard to compare to others.

They have different 'authorized installer' products, hierarchy below (I think):

1. Kenzo
2. Quartz+
3. Quartz
4. Poly
5. Premier (spray sealant)

I was able to run across a small sample of their Quartz product; it's nice and have it on a test panel but no real longevity yet. Had a nice, classy gloss to it if that makes any sense.

Have never seen or heard of anyone talking about the products lack of performance, no negative reviews anywhere and like Ron said above, some rather well respected folks in the online world are advocates so there must be something to it.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:09 AM
Innovate
Drifting

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

I was searching along and came across this thread, I am an IGL Certified Installer and IGL is one of the "newer" coatings on the market making it's way up. Gloss, Depth, and the protection IGL gives is great, Kenzo is on a different level. I plan on doing a write-up on here in the next few days of a C6Z I Kenzo'd.

Unfortunately I do not have huge experience in other coatings, so I cannot give you great comparisons.

IGL Kenzo to me has better gloss than Opti-Coat Pro+, and CP. I have yet to see a Kamikaze coated car, which I hear is the rave right now. I plan on picking some up to test alongside Kenzo. I have seen a Gtechniq car from afar and I would have to have it side by side to compare.

The good about IGL is that their products are rated for the length they have been tested for. Kenzo is rated at 4 years and some have said it lasts 5+.

Quartz+ is a good 3 year coating that I would put up against Opti-Coat Pro+ in the gloss/depth department.

Quartz is the 2 year coating, application is a tad rough and gloss is outstanding, a smidge less than Q+.

Poly is the 1 year coating, easy to apply and crazy gloss for a 1 year coating. It is a great topper for Quartz (that makes Quartz+ lol). Kenzo needs no topper because it would degrade it's gloss and depth.

The Ford GT that sold at Mecum had 2-3 layers of Kenzo base and 2 layers of Kenzo top and the car looked crazy good, especially for silver.

I am owner of Innovative Auto Detailing in Sumter, SC. IGL Kenzo Certified. I can post pictures tomorrow, I have a ton on my IPad.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:46 PM
RACE U
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Louisville Ky NCM Lifetime Member 429 (Member Since 1993)
Received 261 Likes on 182 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13, '16

This past winter I had my 2016 Z06 detailed and coated with Kenzo. Extremely pleased so far. Car is very easy to clean and the paint pops (which is a good trick on a white car).

Last edited by RACE U; 07-02-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To IGL Coatings

Quick Reply: IGL Coatings