Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Adams curb alert

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 09:18 AM
SULLY2013
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Adams curb alert

I switched to Adams products a few months ago, I HATE the detail spray and don't love the H20 Guard & Gloss much more. For my uses the detail spray attracts way too much dust (compared to my old stand by or Kenotek) and the H2O Guard just doesn't wipe off as easy as I'd like.

I know a lot if not most of you guys love Adams products so I thought I would offer.

I have a 3/4 full bottle of detail spray, a full unused bottle of limited edition St Patrick's Day detail spray, a 1/2 bottle of H2O Guard and a 3/4 full bottle of Eco Wheel Cleaner I am not going to use. The first first person to PM me can have it all if they want to pay the freight, lets say $15.00 shipped UPS.

Last edited by SULLY2013; 05-23-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:49 AM
0Adam's Polish
Former Vendor

Received 147 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17

Hi Mike,

Thanks for contacting us, and I'm terribly sorry for the delayed response from Monday - we were extremely backed up with emails, voicemails, and chats from this weekend and the previous sale, and our small team is working as quickly as possible to catch up to everyone. Thank you for your business, and beautiful C7 you have there in the picture that you emailed over!

I'm not in charge of our posting on this forum, but I was forwarded your PM and this post on CorvetteForum, so I would like to extend my deepest apologies for the frustrations in getting through to us - please do not think we were ignoring you, but our 4 person customer service team does get overwhelmed at times, especially during the peak detailing season that we've just started. We do try our best to respond to all communication within 24 hours, but sometimes this just isn't able to be accomplished when we have over 200 email replies, and 50+ voicemails to call back after a sale event.

I see that we received your email on Monday morning, so I am very sorry that we have not responded in these past 48 hours, but I would certainly like to make things right.

We do appreciate any and all feedback, because that is the only way we can improve products, so I'll address each of your concerns below:

1) Our Detail Spray has been our #1 seller for many years running, but unfortunately it can attract dust. It contains a small amount of carnauba wax for protection, so it's most likely creating a static charge on the vehicle as you wipe it away with a plush microfiber towel. Just curious, what type of towel do you use to apply it, and is it a clean towel each time? I would maybe recommend swapping to our Waterless Wash as a drying aid rather than the Detail Spray to see if that minimizes the issue, but especially during this time of the year when pollen count is high, dust build-up seems to be more common on my vehicles as well. One other option would be our Ceramic Boost. It's my new favorite product of ours, and I would be happy to refund your purchase price on any Detail Spray bottles, plus send out a bottle of Ceramic Boost for you to try out. It's a ceramic infused detail spray, that you can use on painted surfaces - do not use on glass. The car does not need to be ceramic coated to use it either, and it will offer around 2 months of protection per application.

2) H2O Guard is an awesome product, but can be tricky for application. If the car has not been clayed or polished recently, there can be some surface tension that will make it more difficult to wipe off. Use in the shade if possible, and use it sparingly - one or two sprays on a door panel for example is plenty. I work on one wet body panel at a time, working it in quickly with one wet microfiber towel, and then immediately buffing it off with a second dry microfiber towel. Having a plush microfiber is key as well, so if you don't have our Borderless Grays, I can send a Two-Pack of those as well so that you have the right towel to make the application and removal go more smoothly.

3) Our Eco Wheel Cleaner is in fact a weaker cleaner than our blue Wheel Cleaner, designed specifically for delicate wheel finishes, like aftermarket raw polished aluminum wheels, anodized wheels, black chrome PVD wheels, matte black wheels, and so on. For heavier brake dust, our blue Wheel Cleaner will work much better and is safe, as long as you follow all safety precautions - only clean one wheel at a time, only clean wheels when the wheel and brakes are cool to the touch, and do not let the Wheel Cleaner dry onto the wheel under any circumstance.

4) I love our Waterless Wash too, it's almost perfect, and one of my most frequently used products for my GTO and my SS sedan.

5) Glass Cleaner rocks too - just make sure to always use a clean microfiber towel and work it in thoroughly, otherwise it can streak.

6) VRT is one of our more underrated products. Like you, I use it on my tires, but I also use it on my engine bay plastics as well to keep everything looking factory fresh in the engine compartment.

7) Our Ultra Foam Shampoo has been a huge success since it's introduction a few months back. It holds suds a long time, yet rinses clean no problem. It's 4x more concentrated than our blue Car Shampoo as well, so you can use a little less in a bucket application. Great to hear that it's working well for you!

Again I do certainly appreciate the feedback. Please let me know how you would like to proceed in terms of a refund or store credit for the Detail Spray, H2O Guard & Gloss, and Eco Wheel Cleaner. I will get a new order placed for the Ceramic Boost and Borderless Gray Towels at no charge as well.

Very Respectfully,
Dan@Adams
Technical Director
Old 05-23-2018, 12:12 PM
SULLY2013
Advanced

Originally Posted by Adam's Polish
Hi Mike,

Thanks for contacting us, and I'm terribly sorry for the delayed response from Monday - we were extremely backed up with emails, voicemails, and chats from this weekend and the previous sale, and our small team is working as quickly as possible to catch up to everyone. Thank you for your business, and beautiful C7 you have there in the picture that you emailed over!

I'm not in charge of our posting on this forum, but I was forwarded your PM and this post on CorvetteForum, so I would like to extend my deepest apologies for the frustrations in getting through to us - please do not think we were ignoring you, but our 4 person customer service team does get overwhelmed at times, especially during the peak detailing season that we've just started. We do try our best to respond to all communication within 24 hours, but sometimes this just isn't able to be accomplished when we have over 200 email replies, and 50+ voicemails to call back after a sale event.

I see that we received your email on Monday morning, so I am very sorry that we have not responded in these past 48 hours, but I would certainly like to make things right.

We do appreciate any and all feedback, because that is the only way we can improve products, so I'll address each of your concerns below:

1) Our Detail Spray has been our #1 seller for many years running, but unfortunately it can attract dust. It contains a small amount of carnauba wax for protection, so it's most likely creating a static charge on the vehicle as you wipe it away with a plush microfiber towel. Just curious, what type of towel do you use to apply it, and is it a clean towel each time? I would maybe recommend swapping to our Waterless Wash as a drying aid rather than the Detail Spray to see if that minimizes the issue, but especially during this time of the year when pollen count is high, dust build-up seems to be more common on my vehicles as well. One other option would be our Ceramic Boost. It's my new favorite product of ours, and I would be happy to refund your purchase price on any Detail Spray bottles, plus send out a bottle of Ceramic Boost for you to try out. It's a ceramic infused detail spray, that you can use on painted surfaces - do not use on glass. The car does not need to be ceramic coated to use it either, and it will offer around 2 months of protection per application.

2) H2O Guard is an awesome product, but can be tricky for application. If the car has not been clayed or polished recently, there can be some surface tension that will make it more difficult to wipe off. Use in the shade if possible, and use it sparingly - one or two sprays on a door panel for example is plenty. I work on one wet body panel at a time, working it in quickly with one wet microfiber towel, and then immediately buffing it off with a second dry microfiber towel. Having a plush microfiber is key as well, so if you don't have our Borderless Grays, I can send a Two-Pack of those as well so that you have the right towel to make the application and removal go more smoothly.

3) Our Eco Wheel Cleaner is in fact a weaker cleaner than our blue Wheel Cleaner, designed specifically for delicate wheel finishes, like aftermarket raw polished aluminum wheels, anodized wheels, black chrome PVD wheels, matte black wheels, and so on. For heavier brake dust, our blue Wheel Cleaner will work much better and is safe, as long as you follow all safety precautions - only clean one wheel at a time, only clean wheels when the wheel and brakes are cool to the touch, and do not let the Wheel Cleaner dry onto the wheel under any circumstance.

4) I love our Waterless Wash too, it's almost perfect, and one of my most frequently used products for my GTO and my SS sedan.

5) Glass Cleaner rocks too - just make sure to always use a clean microfiber towel and work it in thoroughly, otherwise it can streak.

6) VRT is one of our more underrated products. Like you, I use it on my tires, but I also use it on my engine bay plastics as well to keep everything looking factory fresh in the engine compartment.

7) Our Ultra Foam Shampoo has been a huge success since it's introduction a few months back. It holds suds a long time, yet rinses clean no problem. It's 4x more concentrated than our blue Car Shampoo as well, so you can use a little less in a bucket application. Great to hear that it's working well for you!

Again I do certainly appreciate the feedback. Please let me know how you would like to proceed in terms of a refund or store credit for the Detail Spray, H2O Guard & Gloss, and Eco Wheel Cleaner. I will get a new order placed for the Ceramic Boost and Borderless Gray Towels at no charge as well.

Very Respectfully,
Dan@Adams
Technical Director
Dan,

I really appreciate the explanation and understand, I work in customer service as well.

Like I said in my initial e-mail, I wasn't looking for a refund nor will I accept one. I also am not looking for something for nothing, thank you though.

The towels I use are Everest 1100's from The Rag Company and their Platinum Pluffle hybrid towels for drying, both seem to yield great results.

The H20 Guard after reading your post might be user error so I apologize. I think I have been using too much, I thought the guy in your video used more than that but maybe not. That certainly would explain the issue. I'm a guy and if two sprays is good then 8 must be better.....lol.

I think maybe the Eco Wheel cleaner and the detail spray just might not suit my needs, I will continue to use your regular wheel cleaner as I love how it changes color as it works and I will try the towels and Ceramic Boost you suggested........I will pay for them though.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:40 PM
bigcypress
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 123 Posts

i repeat : love the ''rinseless wash'' also the ''h2o guard and gloss'' but have nothing nice to say about the ''wash and wax'' product . ...EDIT : wonder if you used to much of the ''h2o guard and gloss '' when you tried it .

Last edited by bigcypress; 05-23-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:24 PM
davered00ss
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Sully2013, sent you a PM

Dave
Old 05-23-2018, 03:13 PM
SULLY2013
Advanced

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Sully2013, sent you a PM

Dave
Responded

Will ship it all tomorrow for you.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:00 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,236 Likes on 1,590 Posts

I just wanted to say that reading Dan@Adam's post makes me proud to be an Adam's Polishes customer! Wow. Incredible customer service! Well done, guys!

Like Sully's experiences, not EVERY product that Adam's offers is best for me. Some do not impress me as much as similar products from other manufacturers, and some are priced where I can't justify them based on their performance. However, the ones that I actually DO continue to use are amazing. The Brilliant Glaze and Buttery Wax combo is still my go-to for creating the deepest and wettest shine. The standard Wheel Cleaner is great, and I am a fan of the Ultra Foam Shampoo, even if I just use a garden hose and my Adam's Foam Gun.

I do have a bottle of Eco Wheel Cleaner that I received in a Mystery Box, but have yet to use it. I bought new wheels for the Z06 with a brushed/cleared finish, and I think I will use the Eco since it is a more gentle cleaner.
Old 05-24-2018, 07:52 AM
charley95
Le Mans Master

Received 173 Likes on 124 Posts

Just used H20 yesterday topped off with Ceramic Boost on my black metallic. H20 only needs to be used in very small amounts for outstanding results. For best results the paint needs to be in good corrected condition. Anyone who gets bad results from H20 is not using it correctly or their paint is in bad condition to begin with.
The following users liked this post:
FYRARMS (05-24-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 08:28 AM
davered00ss
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Package arrived yesterday. Thanks Again.

Dave
SULLY2013 (05-31-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 11:12 PM
AZGASSER
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 211 Posts

I agree Adams goes above and beyond most business. I have had some shipping issues with them but they are making good on all the issues. Some were not their own but I believe in their products. That being said, there are many great products and if you find something you like go for it. I have asked "wine" people what the best wine is, their response, "the wine you like best". Don't spend money on products you don't like, I don't. I like to try others but I keep circling back to the same few products.
FYRARMS (05-30-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Adams curb alert

Quick Reply: Adams curb alert