Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

One Stop Shop

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 03:54 PM
rpdufour
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default One Stop Shop

Hi all, new to the Corvette community. Just picked up a Black 2013 C6 Coupe a couple weeks ago.This is a great place to find out all kinds of great info. Never been the spend hours on my car kind of guy, although I do want to invest more time in this one. Great looking car and would like to keep it that way. Back in the 80's I had a Camaro, back then I could get spray on and wipe off wax from Turtle wax (I think?) Is there a similar product to that on the market that any of you use? Or are there any suggestions on what I should use? I see Zaino has an all in one product, maybe that's the way to go?

Thanks
Old 08-20-2018, 04:59 PM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,235 Likes on 1,589 Posts

There are a TON of good quality products out there. If you are just looking for a sprayable protection product, you have multiple choices. Almost all of them are synthetic sealants (but called "waxes"), and some actually do contain an amount of carnauba wax in them. Personally, I use fully synthetic spray sealants on my white daily driver, and I use carnauba-based spray waxes on my blue Z06 for maximum depth and glow.

If you just want to walk into a Wal-Mart or Pep Boys and grab a good product off the shelf, the Meguiar's "Ultimate Quik Wax" is probably the best option.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:14 PM
rpdufour
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
There are a TON of good quality products out there. If you are just looking for a sprayable protection product, you have multiple choices. Almost all of them are synthetic sealants (but called "waxes"), and some actually do contain an amount of carnauba wax in them. Personally, I use fully synthetic spray sealants on my white daily driver, and I use carnauba-based spray waxes on my blue Z06 for maximum depth and glow.

If you just want to walk into a Wal-Mart or Pep Boys and grab a good product off the shelf, the Meguiar's "Ultimate Quik Wax" is probably the best option.
Thanks for the feedback, I've seen Meguiar's mentioned on a few different threads. Might be the one, and I have both stores within a couple miles from the house.

Get notified of new replies

To One Stop Shop

Quick Reply: One Stop Shop